Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

American team rocks at ÖtillÖ Isles of Scilly
Quote | Reply
Team Boston Wet Sox plus Valhalla man Lars Finanger with John Stevens :-)

https://www.slowtwitch.com/..._of_Scilly_7308.html
Last edited by: Herbert: Jun 11, 19 18:42
Quote Reply
Re: American team rocks at ÖtillÖ Isles of Scilly [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was my first SwimRun event, I did the sprint on the Saturday, all I can say it was one of the best experiences of my life. Ill be back (year on year if I can swing it). It was awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: American team rocks at ÖtillÖ Isles of Scilly [recoil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And here is what Lucy Gossage said in an Instagram post after the race

“As someone who calls herself a poor swimmer I never thought I would have such an amazing time in a swim dominant event. Swimrun has to be one of the craziest yet most exciting sports I’ve done. I think anyone who looks at the map of what we did yesterday will think ‘that looks cool’. But it’s not just swimming and running. It’s the whole team tactics (in the top teams the male tows the female on a tether for the swim and the run), the kit selection (pretty much anything goes), the working as a team, the informality, the friendliness, the sense of exploration rather than racing and the learning to get in and out of the sea over rocks without falling! “
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
an incredible experience. if you're the type of person who feels triathlon doesn't give swimmers a fair and deserved shake, this Isles of Scilly course would be for you! two very long swims right off the bat, the first was 2K and the second was 1.5K after only a short beach run in between. 2-3 more 1K+ swim legs all before the last swim, a 2.5K beast!

but, it wasn't ALL swimming. the trail running was the best i've experienced anywhere. singletrack lining the coastline made the visuals unlike anything i'd ever experienced.

great quote by Lucy Gossage, drives to the heart of SwimRun. it is a sport completely unique to other endurance events and must be experienced at least once!

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply
Re: American team rocks at ÖtillÖ Isles of Scilly [VALHALLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you enjoyed the Islands. Scilly really is a unique and special place and Otillo a great event for showcasing it.

VALHALLA wrote:
an incredible experience. if you're the type of person who feels triathlon doesn't give swimmers a fair and deserved shake, this Isles of Scilly course would be for you! two very long swims right off the bat, the first was 2K and the second was 1.5K after only a short beach run in between. 2-3 more 1K+ swim legs all before the last swim, a 2.5K beast!

but, it wasn't ALL swimming. the trail running was the best i've experienced anywhere. singletrack lining the coastline made the visuals unlike anything i'd ever experienced.

great quote by Lucy Gossage, drives to the heart of SwimRun. it is a sport completely unique to other endurance events and must be experienced at least once!
Quote Reply
Re: American team rocks at ÖtillÖ Isles of Scilly [VALHALLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am mostly amazed how tropical it looks. And yes I also loved what Lucy said.

Most folks who have tried this sport are usually very much taken by it and speak very fondly of that experience and the challenge. But to step actually outside the box in the first place and actually do one seems to be very difficult.
Quote Reply
Re: American team rocks at ÖtillÖ Isles of Scilly [Triscilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
your islands are incredible. definitely worth the trip from halfway around the world!

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
from a competitive side, i think it many triathletes would find it surprising how even though their swim and run fitness would translate very well to swimrun, there are many intangibles that make the strategy of approaching each event far more interesting and tactical than triathlon.

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply