Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Grape or Strawberry [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crunchy PB on whole grain toast with banana and honey. Next time I eat a carb, that'll be the delivery device.

So damn good.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Grape or Strawberry [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on the day. Lately it's been grape, or fluff.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strawberry all day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grape jam?
Never.

Strawberry or raspberry all the way.
Honey and banana is preferred.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the people who voted grape, try getting out of your trailer once in a while.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Distract them with Pabst Blue Ribbon and take their huckleberries.

Anything good enough for a grizzly bear to eat isn't good enough for a hipster.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Grape or Strawberry [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
For the people who voted grape, try getting out of your trailer once in a while.

Pretty much. Grape jelly is flavourless, relatively speaking. It is basically purple dyed congeled sugar water.

That's why it's the cheapest of the jelly's.

And let's be clear, jelly is out regardless. You should be using JAM. Jelly in general is trailer park.
Quote Reply
Re: Grape or Strawberry [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Crunchy PB on whole grain toast with banana and honey. Next time I eat a carb, that'll be the delivery device.

So damn good.

Really? That over a craft beer?

How long have you been off carbs? How is the process going?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Grape or Strawberry [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I said eat a carb, not drink. I probably get most of my carbohydrates from alcohol, or at least half.

I'm not on a keto diet, just cutting waaaay back on starches and sugars, and it's been mostly positive. When I'm on a tear in the gym I get pretty lean, pretty quickly, but it's great for maintaining weight, mostly because the total calorie count goes down on the average day. One notable positive feature is that when I fill up, it's usually on protein and fats with a sprinkling of carbs, and I'll feel full without ever feeling bloated, groggy, or sleepy, like I would eating a big bowl of pasta or pizza or whatever would be a predominantly carbohydrate meal. No insulin spike or crash, I guess, and I definitely feel the difference.

It's pretty easy for me. I just cut out pasta, rice, breads, and fruit as main portions and eat them very sparingly, and allow myself a good beer or bourbon drink 4-5x per week.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like them all. I’ll even use apricot on occasion. Blackberry is probably my favorite.

Crunchy pb with strawberry jam with sliced strawberries is pretty high up there.
Quote Reply
Re: Grape or Strawberry [VagueRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good call on the apricot. I also like blueberry jam.

But orange marmalade is a blight upon humanity.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Grape or Strawberry [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Good call on the apricot. I also like blueberry jam.

But orange marmalade is a blight upon humanity.

orange marmalade is fantastic on a toasted English muffin. I like it because everyone else in the family hates it, so that means when I'm looking for something to put on my English muffin, I'm not scraping the dregs of an empty jar.

As to the original question.... never grape. Strawberry only if it's my MIL's homemade jam. Store-bought is usually raspberry or some sort of mixed-berry, blueberry, fieldberry flavour.

But the more important question - crunchy or creamy?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't liked PBJ since I was a kid. I do peanut butter and honey on toast. My wife just finished a batch of strawberry jam using our strawberries. Pretty damn tasty. The grape jelly she made from our grapes last year is pretty much equally as tasty. They deserve a sandwich of their own.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Grape or Strawberry [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiDriver wrote:
Honey.

Yes! But to be truly ethereal, the sandwich has to be made the night before. PB has to be spread on one slice of bread; honey on the other. Overnight, the honey will soak into the bread on one side, but not the other, resulting in a sublime mix of textures and flavors.

I learned this in 4th grade from a little cutie, and remember it still.
Quote Reply
Re: Grape or Strawberry [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
TiDriver wrote:
Honey.

Yes! But to be truly ethereal, the sandwich has to be made the night before. PB has to be spread on one slice of bread; honey on the other. Overnight, the honey will soak into the bread on one side, but not the other, resulting in a sublime mix of textures and flavors.

I learned this in 4th grade from a little cutie, and remember it still.

Shhhhhhh.... That's supposed to be a secret.

Honey is ok on a PBJ. But jam is superior. However if you're going to use honey, the above method will take you PB and honey to the next level.

Quote Reply

Prev Next