FishyJoe wrote:
chriskal wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
chriskal wrote:
VagueRunner wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Is the prices below 50k like a model 3 for 35k?

I really wonder between Trump and Elon, is a man's word really worth anything these days.. Well at least we know what Elon is smoking.

Elon sometimes promises things he can't deliver, but even falling short of those goals can be an incredible achievement. He might be overly optimistic, but I don't believe he is a pathological liar like Trump.

Sometimes? Dude is a pathological liar.

If the sec had any balls, he would be banned from being an officer or director in a public company.

Agreed. Did I miss where he finally proved that British diver is a pedophile?

I find musk and trump to be two peas in a pod. Asshats of the highest order. The biggest thing keeping me from owning a Tesla is that I refuse to give Elon my money.

As opposed to giving your money to the other auto companies? There is no shortage of sleazy operators in the automotive industry. Remember the Chevy Corsair? Or the Ford Pinto? Or more recently VW/Audi cheating on emissions. There is pretty much no company that has been an angel and plenty that have been on the devil side to make a few extra bucks.

But, but, big auto? I have no illusions that the meatpacking industry is populated by saints, but that doesn’t mean I need to feed my family trump steaks.

So yes, as opposed to the other auto companies. The BMW CEO may very well be a contemptible POS in his own right, but I don’t even know his name because he doesn't constantly spew bullshit for public consumption, make himself the focus of, well, everything and isn’t the subject of a ridiculous cult of personality where legions of fanboys line up to lap up the nonsense and defend him from criticism at all costs. I find it all incredibly off-putting and it comes across just like the trump ballwashers.

You mean the same BMW that cheated on their emissions testing?

Does he also have some emails I should be concerned about?

Re-read the above paragraph. The BMW CEO may very well be a contemptible POS in his own right, but . . . The part after the “but” is the important part.

Like It or not Tesla is synonymous with musk. I find musk to be an obnoxious, narcissistic attention whore, I don’t like people like that whether they be Elon musk, Ashley Horner or Donald trump. Given that I have a choice why in the world would I give him money?
Quote Reply
Re: Tesla pick up truck [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
VagueRunner wrote:

Sort of. But can you buy a Tesla Model 3 for $35K? Yes. Has Tesla changed the nature of EV cars forever? Probably yes. Can SpaceX deliver a payload into space for you for a fraction of what it used to cost? Yes.

He's delivered on very, very real innovation that does real things in the real world. He's not Elizabeth Holmes.

Quote:
he would be banned from being an officer or director in a public company.

But I agree with you there. He should be CVO. Chief Vibrations Officer. Pay him huge money, let him do his thing. But keep him out of the chain of responsibility to the SEC and shareholders.

No you can’t buy a 35k model 3. If you go to a store, you can in person order a 35.4k+1.2k black only software limited model 3. You can’t actually order it online. They are doing their best to not sell them as they are money losers that I guess will be completed removed by the end of the year.

Maybe. Maybe not. I think the one thing they did change was the idea that an ev meant slow and ugly. I still think the correct future would be PHEV. Where you have a small battery 50-75 miles and a gas tank for longer trips. All the benefits and non of the downsides. Or something else all together. People are shrugging off the reality of battery’s, fires, and end of vehicle life issues with rainbows and unicorns.
Quote Reply
Re: Tesla pick up truck [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
chriskal wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
chriskal wrote:
VagueRunner wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Is the prices below 50k like a model 3 for 35k?

I really wonder between Trump and Elon, is a man's word really worth anything these days.. Well at least we know what Elon is smoking.

Elon sometimes promises things he can't deliver, but even falling short of those goals can be an incredible achievement. He might be overly optimistic, but I don't believe he is a pathological liar like Trump.

If the sec had any balls, he would be banned from being an officer or director in a public company.

Agreed. Did I miss where he finally proved that British diver is a pedophile?

I find musk and trump to be two peas in a pod. Asshats of the highest order. The biggest thing keeping me from owning a Tesla is that I refuse to give Elon my money.

As opposed to giving your money to the other auto companies? There is no shortage of sleazy operators in the automotive industry. Remember the Chevy Corsair? Or the Ford Pinto? Or more recently VW/Audi cheating on emissions. There is pretty much no company that has been an angel and plenty that have been on the devil side to make a few extra bucks.

But, but, big auto? I have no illusions that the meatpacking industry is populated by saints, but that doesn’t mean I need to feed my family trump steaks.

So yes, as opposed to the other auto companies. The BMW CEO may very well be a contemptible POS in his own right, but I don’t even know his name because he doesn't constantly spew bullshit for public consumption, make himself the focus of, well, everything and isn’t the subject of a ridiculous cult of personality where legions of fanboys line up to lap up the nonsense and defend him from criticism at all costs. I find it all incredibly off-putting and it comes across just like the trump ballwashers.

You mean the same BMW that cheated on their emissions testing?

Does he also have some emails I should be concerned about?

Re-read the above paragraph. The BMW CEO may very well be a contemptible POS in his own right, but . . . The part after the “but” is the important part.

Like It or not Tesla is synonymous with musk. I find musk to be an obnoxious, narcissistic attention whore, I don’t like people like that whether they be Elon musk, Ashley Horner or Donald trump. Given that I have a choice why in the world would I give him money?

So it's more important to you what he has said, then what he has done?

I would give money to the best product. That's what I would do. Outside of him being a racist or something, it's the product that I'm looking at. And from the products I've seen from SpaceX and Tesla, I like.
Quote Reply
Re: Tesla pick up truck [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once we put it through the Elon translation we get a 50K truck with the most basic trim and shorter range only delivered after they sell thousands of the higher end truck over the course of several years. But if he delivers a 50K truck with a range of 300 miles I'm in.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Tesla pick up truck [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Once we put it through the Elon translation we get a 50K truck with the most basic trim and shorter range only delivered after they sell thousands of the higher end truck over the course of several years. But if he delivers a 50K truck with a range of 300 miles I'm in.

If we get past the the fact that at this point it’s vaporware, I am still not sure I would bet on a 50k truck existing. I would assume that it would be based on the model x platform, which is $82k and 255 epa miles of range. The model x is basically an over-inflated Prius, so I struggle to see how a less aerodynamic truck would even come close to that range. I also struggle to see how there is 30k in cost that can be removed from the x to make a truck anything but a huge money loser.

And that is also assuming that they somehow manage to make the weight similar to the x (5300lbs) and have a similar tow capacity of just under 5k lbs.
Quote Reply

Prev Next