Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pelosi being stupid? [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A huge difference between Trump's campaign and Pelosi is that 1000s prosecutors have said trump has committed crimes. In Hillary's case, Comey said no reasonable prosecutor would take the case (there were not 1000 prosecutors lining up the refute that).

If Comey had said that Hillary could have ordered the deletion of emails to obstruct justice, I would have had the same feelings, that people should be held accountable to others.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi being stupid? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Don't you have any domestic politics to comment on?

Well our President is overseas telling the Irish and Brits they need an Irish Border Wall. (SNL would simply not do an Irish Border Wall joke because it's too ridiculous, but here we are...)

So I think we've lost the high ground in minding our own bidniss.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi being stupid? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Dirt fighter wrote:
She’s being hammered by the lunatic left base. If she can make them think he could go to jail they might get off her case about impeachment .
That’s all this is.

So she stole a page out of Trump's 2016 playbook with regard to Clinton and her email server. Like the NFL, politics is a copy cat league.

Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi being stupid? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reportedly, she said it in private, which is vastly different from Trump essentially suggesting Comey should be executed, which is a punishment for treason, of which he's accused Comey.

My understanding is that Trump could be prosecuted for what was discovered by Mueller's investigation. Can't happen with him in office. So if impeachment increases his chance of reelection and decreases his chance of facing consequences for his obstructionist behavior, on the whole, I think it's pretty much fine that she thinks that way and expresses it in "private." Because he probably deserves it, for as many people as he's fucked over in his professional life, if not beyond.

Comey deserving execution for...delivering the election to Trump? Probably not quite as much.

I don't care one way or the other what either of them say anymore. It's just noise.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi being stupid? [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
A huge difference between Trump's campaign and Pelosi is that 1000s prosecutors have said trump has committed crimes. In Hillary's case, Comey said no reasonable prosecutor would take the case (there were not 1000 prosecutors lining up the refute that).

If Comey had said that Hillary could have ordered the deletion of emails to obstruct justice, I would have had the same feelings, that people should be held accountable to others.

You don't believe Hillary was obstructing justice by deleting her emails?

For me, the most plausible explanation for having her own illegal email server was to have the capacity to obstruct justice should the need arise. She destroyed potential evidence before the FBI investigators could evaluate it. How would the average Joe Q. Public be treated on that one?

Also, there's a lot of "Comey said" in your statement. In the first case what you wrote is not indicative of the evidence -- the FBI's top lawyer is on record that he had to be "talked out" of charging Clinton. In the other case, Comey never said that Hillary didn't obstruct justice. Various people at the FBI testified they felt they didn't have the evidence to get a jury beyond a reasonable doubt.

Can you see how someone might doubt "the same feelings" are truly present when we parse your sentences?
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi being stupid? [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In one situation we had 1000 prosecutors signing a statement. In another we did not.

These are not just my feelings.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi being stupid? [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
In one situation we had 1000 prosecutors signing a statement. In another we did not.
These are not just my feelings.

Yes, in one situation, you had a big partisan statement. How many prosecutors didn't sign that statement?
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi being stupid? [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But if you asked the rest, it would probably be at least be 80/20 chargeable. Individual one should also be charged.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi being stupid? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Is it just me or is saying shit like this really not smart...

“I don’t want to see him impeached, I want to see him in prison,”

Sure the anti Trumpers will love it but they were never going to vote Trump anyway.

Don't you have any domestic politics to comment on?

A Canadian team is leading the US *National* Basketball Association's finals. I think that makes him eligible to comment on US politics.

And yet a Canadian team hasn't won the Cup in a generation. Weird times

Almost as long as the last time you posted a meaningful comment
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi being stupid? [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

A Canadian team is leading the US *National* Basketball Association's finals. I think that makes him eligible to comment on US politics.

And yet a Canadian team hasn't won the Cup in a generation. Weird times

Almost as long as the last time you posted a meaningful comment

Minus three points for Marchand-like elbow to the head.

Plus three points for posting while drinking.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi being stupid? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't using Pelosi and stupid in the same sentence a bit redundant??

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply

Prev Next