Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Straight Pride Parade? [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Duffy wrote:
The lady doth protest too much, me thinks.,.

Well, as I have pointed out, I have been involved in more protests than the entire LR combined ;).

I can't tell you how many "Rock Against ..." shows I played back in the 80s

We were always Rocking Against something [and always for FREE = dumbass]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Straight Pride Parade? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
JSA wrote:

My kids are proud to be Mexican, which is something they had no control over.

Little bit different, to my mind. Being proud to be Mexican is more about cultural heritage than about the genetics of being Mexican.

Gay pride is about announcing freedom from discrimination for some. It's about being able to openly acknowledge their sexuality for others. It's a celebration of "homosexual lifestyle" for others, as clearly evidenced by the conduct and behavior at lots of the parades. It doesn't mean the same thing to everyone.

Most of the major parades (especially in the Northeast) are pride parades for some oppressed or formerly oppressed minority.
Columbus Day is an Italian pride parade
St Patrick's is an Irish pride parade
Puerto Rican pride parade
Lunar New Year prade is a Chinese pride parade
Red Sox/Patriots/Bruins pride parade...

Gay pride is the third biggest parade around here when someone doesn't win a championship.
(1 Million bastards came out when the Bruins won in 2011. 1.5 million for the Pats parade this year)

Sure NYC has a big thanksgiving parade...
Quote Reply
Re: Straight Pride Parade? [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
Red Sox/Patriots/Bruins pride parade...

Oh.Fuck.You

Quote Reply
Re: Straight Pride Parade? [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
I think there is an irony in thinking the best way to stigmatize someone you perceive to be anti-gay is to insinuate they are themselves (closeted) gay (as if there is something wrong with that;)

I'm just surprised at the extent of butthurt (no pun intended) exhibited by the LGBTG community about this straight pride parade.

It could be because there are studies that show that some of the most vehemently homophobic actually are trying to suppress their own same sex attractions.homophobic-maybe-youre-gay.html
Quote Reply
Re: Straight Pride Parade? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I used to participate in our local Pride festivities back when it was an actual counter culture event.

These days they are nothing more than leftist activism parties.

In 2016 the black lives matter folks shut down the Toronto pride parade. They only let it start again when the organizers promised on the spot to ban police from marching in the parade going forward. This year the organizers want to let the police back in and it looks like it will be trouble. Exspecially with the fallout from the gay serial killer who was burying people in peoples landscaping.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Straight Pride Parade? [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
I'm just surprised at the extent of butthurt (no pun intended) exhibited by the LGBTG community about this straight pride parade.

Well it's not really a straight pride parade. It's a troll the left parade. And some take the bait.
Quote Reply
Re: Straight Pride Parade? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Duffy wrote:
I used to participate in our local Pride festivities back when it was an actual counter culture event.

These days they are nothing more than leftist activism parties.

In 2016 the black lives matter folks shut down the Toronto pride parade. They only let it start again when the organizers promised on the spot to ban police from marching in the parade going forward. This year the organizers want to let the police back in and it looks like it will be trouble. Exspecially with the fallout from the gay serial killer who was burying people in peoples landscaping.

There’s black people in Canada?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. We were the end of the underground railroad. Uncle Tom's Cabin is about 20 miles from me. We got all sorts of great sprinters from Jamacia too.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About a year ago my family was in D.C. for a few days for some CE for me. This was the Sunday prior. We went to the Newseum for the first time and spent several hours. It was cool. Around lunchtime we noticed that there was a Gay festival just below the entrance. It was gay..... I know that because we watched from above for 20 minutes before deciding how we would exit the building with our 8/ 12 yo kids. We had to cross the road so we figured we'd make a dash and cover our kids eye because of course this was gay and there were folks acting gay and wearing gay outfits (some showing their butt cheeks and penises). It was an awful display. We turned around and walked a few blocks to go around it.

Why can't a Straight Pride parade simply celebrate normal heterosexuality? (walking together in khakis and long skirts and holding hands while NOT making out in public)?
Quote Reply
Re: Straight Pride Parade? [TriFortMill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would you shield the kids from that?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Why would you shield the kids from that?

You can never be too careful. What if the gay is catching?

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: Straight Pride Parade? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I am a monster for thinking that "Gay Pride" is a misnomer.

What's your suggested appropriate term? "Gay Self Respect"?

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Straight Pride Parade? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Based on photos/stories from Toronto's parade "Gay drunken nudity and sex acts in public day".

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Don’t these guys know that just being in a parade pretty much means you’re gay?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/...lockfPkUN/story.html

Quote:
A small group of organizers say they’re gearing up to host what they’ve dubbed the “Straight Pride Parade” through Boston this summer, a claim that has set off a visceral reaction nationwide and drawn criticism on social media from the likes of Chris Evans and many others as Pride Month gets underway.

I think a lot of people's misunderstandings of such things is rooted in an inability to spot nuance. A Gay Pride event is a celebration of their existence in the face of historical societal adversity. A Straight Pride event is, I think, interpreted (correctly) as a show of opposition to gays and their celebrations of existence. So a Straight Pride event is kinda like a middle finger to the gays (sorry, LGBTQ+ community).

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Straight Pride Parade? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Crank wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Based on photos/stories from Toronto's parade "Gay drunken nudity and sex acts in public day".

"LGBTQ+ drunken nudity and sex acts in public day"

Fixed it for you, you problematic fascist phobic.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Straight Pride Parade? [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As always, let twitter handle this.

https://uproxx.com/...ide-parade-boston/2/

Solid gold.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Straight Pride Parade? [TriFortMill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriFortMill wrote:
About a year ago my family was in D.C. for a few days for some CE for me. This was the Sunday prior. We went to the Newseum for the first time and spent several hours. It was cool. Around lunchtime we noticed that there was a Gay festival just below the entrance. It was gay..... I know that because we watched from above for 20 minutes before deciding how we would exit the building with our 8/ 12 yo kids. We had to cross the road so we figured we'd make a dash and cover our kids eye because of course this was gay and there were folks acting gay and wearing gay outfits (some showing their butt cheeks and penises). It was an awful display. We turned around and walked a few blocks to go around it.

Why can't a Straight Pride parade simply celebrate normal heterosexuality? (walking together in khakis and long skirts and holding hands while NOT making out in public)?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was describing the flag they came up with to my friends at the gym the other night

Me: "And - of course - the MALE symbol is on top of the FEMALE symbol. Idiots"
Male friend of mine: "The women can be on top ... Sometimes"
Female friend of mine: "Sometimes?!!!! What the fuck dude!!!"
Me: "I'm with her"
Her: "Randy knows ... and D'Wife knows too, I'm sure"

Quote Reply
Re: Straight Pride Parade? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You go, cowgirl!

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They pretty much gave up their motivations when they picked Milo Yiannopolous as grand marshal.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Straight Pride Parade? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like milo.

Sort of.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Yiannopoulos explained why he is taking part in the event. “I might technically be a sequined and perfectly coiffed friend of Dorothy’s, but I’ve spent my entire career advocating for the rights of America’s most brutally repressed identity—straight people—so I know a thing or two about discrimination,” Yiannopoulos said. “This parade is a gift to anyone, male or female, black or white—gay and transgender allies, too!—who will stand with us and celebrate the wonder and the majesty of God’s own heterosexuality.”

I honestly can't tell if this is satire. Regardless, tonight I'll be doing some serious fucking for virginity in hetero solidarity.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Jun 9, 19 10:49
Quote Reply

Prev Next