Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kushner [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:
The travel ban was not religious based.

I never said it was.

Trump himself said it would be, before he was told it couldn't be.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's fun when anyone makes the mildest criticism in any way Trump-related and Duffy dutifully comes running in defense mode, and is very serious. It's like Pavlov's bell.

But Duffy doesn't mind posting clearly biased things about Trump opponents "because it's funny."
Quote Reply
Re: Kushner [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:
The travel ban was not religious based.

I never said it was.

Trump himself said it would be, before he was told it couldn't be.

Details... details...

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Kushner [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump also lied about knowing David duke, took credit for birtherism (really an issue trump does in general. Creates a problem, does nothing, takes credit for solving a problem that was never there), ā€œboth sidesā€, Mexico is sending rapists, pardoning people who have targeted minorities (sheriff joe), housing discrimination, Muslim ban, wants a wall to keep immigrants out, doesnā€™t want people from shithole countries wants more white, etc. not recognizing white terrorists (waiting for the facts) attacking brown terrorists without having all the facts

Some of these things range from actually racists (birthrism, wanting white immigrants [not merit based]) to more enabling racists (sheriff joe, both sides).

So itā€™s either trump is semi racists to trump enabled racists. I am not sure what the actual def of racists is. But if it is treating one group of people different based on their race. Trump is racists.
Quote Reply
Re: Kushner [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Trump also lied about knowing David duke, took credit for birtherism (really an issue trump does in general. Creates a problem, does nothing, takes credit for solving a problem that was never there), ā€œboth sidesā€, Mexico is sending rapists, pardoning people who have targeted minorities (sheriff joe), housing discrimination, Muslim ban, wants a wall to keep immigrants out, doesnā€™t want people from shithole countries wants more white, etc. not recognizing white terrorists (waiting for the facts) attacking brown terrorists without having all the facts

Some of these things range from actually racists (birthrism, wanting white immigrants [not merit based]) to more enabling racists (sheriff joe, both sides).

So itā€™s either trump is semi racists to trump enabled racists. I am not sure what the actual def of racists is. But if it is treating one group of people different based on their race. Trump is racists.

Ohh yea, forgot kneeling during the anthem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And also repeatedly retweeting things from far right websites.

I am not sure if the defending argument of ā€œHe may not be racists but he does a lot of the same things that racists do, and hangs out with a lot of racistsā€ should be accepted.
Quote Reply
Re: Kushner [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
I am not sure what the actual def of racists is.

His own party's leaders apparently do. Or did.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
it's something to remember that kushner is the president's son-in-law; in the midst of all the craziness of this presidency, we've started to take for granted so many totally abnormal things.

it's a nice thought experiment to imagine hilary winning the election, giving a massive portfolio to chelsea, cocking up several of her security clearance applications, and eventually giving her a mandate to broker peace in the middle east.

i mean, the elephant in the room here is less that he's making embarrassing answers to obvious questions, and more that he has any role in government in the first place.

Also don't forget Chelea's company needing hundreds of millions in loans and asking for those loans from state owned banks in countries you are working with.

Not to mention meeting with leaders of a foreign nation as a representative of our country and later that week surprisingly getting trademarks for your private company approved. Strange timing and all.
Quote Reply
Re: Kushner [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:
Do you really need one? He said this directly, in person, on TV. Except that he inserted "the Hell" between "what" and "is."

You don't recall?

No. I donā€™t recall trump calling for a ban on Muslims or any other religious based ban.

https://www.theguardian.com/...ntering-the-us-video

Doctored video.

Time to up the meds.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Kushner [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feel better about yourself?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A little, thanks

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Kushner [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
It's fun when anyone makes the mildest criticism in any way Trump-related and Duffy dutifully comes running in defense mode, and is very serious. It's like Pavlov's bell.

But Duffy doesn't mind posting clearly biased things about Trump opponents "because it's funny."
Must. Defend. Trump.

(Don't forget to say, "I'm not a Trump supporter.")

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Kushner [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh hey everyone, duffy's back

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Kushner [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
trail wrote:

Must. Defend. Trump.

Iā€™m defending no one.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Kushner [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
it's something to remember that kushner is the president's son-in-law; in the midst of all the craziness of this presidency, we've started to take for granted so many totally abnormal things.

it's a nice thought experiment to imagine hilary winning the election, giving a massive portfolio to chelsea, cocking up several of her security clearance applications, and eventually giving her a mandate to broker peace in the middle east.

i mean, the elephant in the room here is less that he's making embarrassing answers to obvious questions, and more that he has any role in government in the first place.
\

#MakeNepotismGreatAgain!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
trail wrote:

Must. Defend. Trump.

Iā€™m defending no one.

Are you just saying that to try and convince yourself? Cuz nobody else is fooled...
Quote Reply
Re: Kushner [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
trail wrote:

Must. Defend. Trump.

Iā€™m defending no one.

Are you just saying that to try and convince yourself? Cuz nobody else is fooled...

Iā€™m defending ideas. And no, not Trumpā€™s ideas, universal ideas.

The person who acts as a catalyst to getting these ideas attacked is irrelevant.

The ideas being defended by me are almost always cases of collateral damage from an attack on a person (in this case Trump).

I can see how the simple minded binary thinkers canā€™t seem to understand this.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Trump never called for a ban on Muslims.

Don't quibble. Of course he did.

Quote:

In a written statement late Monday afternoon, the Trump campaign said the Republican frontrunner wanted a ā€œtotal and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.ā€

By the way, have we figured out "what's going on" yet?

Link?

It is almost as if you don't have a Google machine of your own. He only switched off of calling it a Muslim ban when he got grief. Then he made the same proposal but rebranded it.

In case your access to the internet has been curtailed here is a small sample, many more are out there.

https://www.youtube.com/...outu.be&t=14m05s

Geist: Donald, a customs agent would then ask a person their religion?
Trump: That would be probablyā€”they would say, ā€œAre you Muslim?ā€
Geist: And if they said, ā€œYes,ā€ they would not be allowed in the country?
Trump: Thatā€™s correct.

https://www.youtube.com/...=youtu.be&t=3m9s

Iā€™m looking at it very strongly with Rudy Giuliani heading it. Iā€™ve spoken to him a little while ago. Weā€™re going to put together a group of five or six people. Very, very highly thought of people, and I think Rudy will head it up, and weā€™ll look at the Muslim ban or the ā€˜temporary banā€™ as we call it ā€¦ He will head it up and heā€™s agreed to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/...youtu.be&t=7m32s

Chuck Todd: The Muslim ban. I think youā€™ve pulled back from it, but you tell me. You said, ā€œLastly and very importantly,ā€ this is from your speech on Thursday night, ā€œwe must immediately suspend immigration from any nation that has been compromised by terrorism until such time as proven vetting mechanisms have been put in place.ā€ This feels like a slight rollback.

Trump: I donā€™t think itā€™s a rollback

Todd: Should it be interpreted as that?

Todd: I donā€™t think so. I actually donā€™t think itā€™s a rollback. In fact, you could say itā€™s an expansion. Iā€™m looking now at territories. People were so upset when I used the word Muslim. Oh, you canā€™t use the word Muslim. Remember this. And Iā€™m okay with that, because Iā€™m talking territory instead of Muslim. But just remember this: Our Constitution is great. But it doesnā€™t necessarily give us the right to commit suicide, okay? Now, we have a religious, you know, everybody wants to be protected. And thatā€™s great. And thatā€™s the wonderful part of our Constitution. I view it differently. Why are we committing suicide? Why are we doing that? But you know what? I live with our Constitution. I love our Constitution. I cherish our Constitution. Weā€™re making it territorial. We have nations and weā€™ll come out, Iā€™m going to be coming out over the next few weeks with a number of the places.

https://www.youtube.com/...youtu.be&t=2m52s

Hannity: What is your position? Because you were trying to explain yesterday [on NBC] that your position has not changed that you either vet them or they canā€™t get in.

Trump: No. I think my positionā€™s gotten bigger now. Iā€™m talking about territories now. People donā€™t want me to say Muslim. I guess I prefer not saying it, frankly, myself. So weā€™re talking about territories.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Kushner [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has Trump figured out what's going on yet? I guess not.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Has Trump figured out what's going on yet? I guess not.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
trail wrote:

Must. Defend. Trump.

Iā€™m defending no one.

It's pretty funny that you say this having dived headfirst into the thread saying "Trump never said that," when of course he did.

If you don't want to be seen as *often* defending Trump, maybe you should stop - you know - defending Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: Kushner [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Trump never called for a ban on Muslims.

Don't quibble. Of course he did.

Quote:

In a written statement late Monday afternoon, the Trump campaign said the Republican frontrunner wanted a ā€œtotal and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.ā€

By the way, have we figured out "what's going on" yet?

Link?

It is almost as if you don't have a Google machine of your own. He only switched off of calling it a Muslim ban when he got grief. Then he made the same proposal but rebranded it.

In case your access to the internet has been curtailed here is a small sample, many more are out there.

Iā€™m looking at it very strongly with Rudy Giuliani heading it. Iā€™ve spoken to him a little while ago. Weā€™re going to put together a group of five or six people. Very, very highly thought of people, and I think Rudy will head it up, and weā€™ll look at the Muslim ban or the ā€˜temporary banā€™ as we call it ā€¦ He will head it up and heā€™s agreed to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/...youtu.be&t=7m32s

Chuck Todd: The Muslim ban. I think youā€™ve pulled back from it, but you tell me. You said, ā€œLastly and very importantly,ā€ this is from your speech on Thursday night, ā€œwe must immediately suspend immigration from any nation that has been compromised by terrorism until such time as proven vetting mechanisms have been put in place.ā€ This feels like a slight rollback.

Trump: I donā€™t think itā€™s a rollback

Todd: Should it be interpreted as that?

Todd: I donā€™t think so. I actually donā€™t think itā€™s a rollback. In fact, you could say itā€™s an expansion. Iā€™m looking now at territories. People were so upset when I used the word Muslim. Oh, you canā€™t use the word Muslim. Remember this. And Iā€™m okay with that, because Iā€™m talking territory instead of Muslim. But just remember this: Our Constitution is great. But it doesnā€™t necessarily give us the right to commit suicide, okay? Now, we have a religious, you know, everybody wants to be protected. And thatā€™s great. And thatā€™s the wonderful part of our Constitution. I view it differently. Why are we committing suicide? Why are we doing that? But you know what? I live with our Constitution. I love our Constitution. I cherish our Constitution. Weā€™re making it territorial. We have nations and weā€™ll come out, Iā€™m going to be coming out over the next few weeks with a number of the places.

https://www.youtube.com/...youtu.be&t=2m52s

Hannity: What is your position? Because you were trying to explain yesterday [on NBC] that your position has not changed that you either vet them or they canā€™t get in.

Trump: No. I think my positionā€™s gotten bigger now. Iā€™m talking about territories now. People donā€™t want me to say Muslim. I guess I prefer not saying it, frankly, myself. So weā€™re talking about territories.

And crickets... šŸ¦—

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
First, if you really want evidence of trump's racism, you just need to look at the multiple times he was sued for housing discrimination. Or the whole central park 5 thing. Or the very fine people he defended.

Second, this interview was crazy. Kushner actually said that he does not know if the Russians contacted him again for a meeting, if he would report it to the FBI. Obviously he should, but also he has a clearance and is required by law to report that sort of thing. It is just crazy in an interview he is like, "I don't know if I will follow the law, what are you going to do about it?"

Third, can you believe people were dumb enough to vote for trump when he said he would hire the best people?

This is pretty incredible. This is the same guy who has amended/lied on his security clearance application. He was also in the meeting about 'abortions'. That alone should have red flagged him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

FAKE NEWS! Don't you realize that was actually the Don's evil doppelganger, Ronald Frump? Don didn't say any of that. Jeez you're gullible.
Quote Reply

Prev Next