Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by JD21
Re: Quote of the Century? [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the quote is from a Christian satire site, but the idea is not far off the mark.
Quote Reply
Re: Quote of the Century? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crap - I got duped on a ‘news’ feed. I should know better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you deleted it? Now the rest of us can't be duped or make fun of you. That's not very LR of you.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Crap - I got duped on a ‘news’ feed. I should know better.

That's a very nice quote, but I am not sure it is the Quote of the Century.
Quote Reply
Re: Quote of the Century? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, ok. Have at me:

Disney CEO: 'To Avoid Filming Among Depraved, Immoral People, We Are Moving All Our Georgia Operations Back To Hollywood'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Ok, ok. Have at me:

Disney CEO: 'To Avoid Filming Among Depraved, Immoral People, We Are Moving All Our Georgia Operations Back To Hollywood'

From the frying pan into the fire, no?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously, the over-the-top wording didn't trip your Onion-meter?
Quote Reply
Re: Quote of the Century? [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you knew what I do for a living , it’s even worse than you think. OTOH, why would Disney support laws that kill their audience ; )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you knew what I do for a living , it’s even worse than you think. OTOH, why would Disney support laws that kill their audience ; ) //

There is still hope for you though. I have friends on FB that post up that kind of garbage daily, I ignore it 95% of the time, but sometimes I just have to ask them if they even read the article, or point out to them it is fake news, just look it up..Not a single one ever bows, and they just do the what about (insert Obama, AOC, Maxine, etc). They just dont have the capacity to say they might have been wrong, never mind they were wrong..

But I fear for you, moving to AZ and cutting all ties with the civilized world. Your indoctrination there might put you over the edge. But there is hope, I believe AZ is approaching purple status, so maybe the best of both worlds, while leaving the worst behind... (-;
Quote Reply
Re: Quote of the Century? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, we will maintain our other home in the same neighborhood for summers and the boat will be in SoCal for another year before I move it to Mexico so not exactly a ‘clean’ departure from SoCal. Then again, you split time between two of the most conservative zip codes in CA so we haven’t lost you to the dark side. Yet. ; )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhh, Mexico, that is where both sides can meet in the middle and abandon all incumbrences. Why is it again we are supposed to hate Mexico and its people??? I'll take southern Baja, beginning at El Rosario..
Quote Reply
Re: Quote of the Century? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The quote of the century is something about being a stable genius. In fact, maybe it will be the quote of the next few centuries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you knew what I do for a living , it’s even worse than you think.
---

So you're the guy who writes click-baity headlines for Buzzfeed!

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Quote of the Century? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
The quote of the century is something about being a stable genius. In fact, maybe it will be the quote of the next few centuries.

This'll probably be the last century....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Ok, ok. Have at me:

Nah they are not going to do that. They would have to pay higher wages and make less profits. And it is such a pain in the ass all those permits etc.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply