Prev Next
Re: What's your worst personal trait [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My temper and f-bombs.

Be Uncommon
Quote Reply
Re: What's your worst personal trait [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love traveling to countries run by dictators, preferably if they are located in the warm areas with nice beaches.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your worst personal trait [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an awful ability to become completely emotionally detatched from relationships, to the point I could fully walk away from all but a few and not be effected emotionally, despite deeply caring about people. I have a ton of friends and do not play superficial; I go deep, but somehow can somehow just shut off what's gone and move on.

And on the other hand I give everyone the benefit of the doubt so much that I often fail to take sides when I ought to be firm.

Plus I'm opinionated as hell, but I'm in the LR so that's a given.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your worst personal trait [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Quote:
Intolerance and impatience

This for sure.

Ditto. I mean, why do people insist on doing things that drive me crazy?! Oh right, they aren't thinking about me, but still. Annoying!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am an opinionated smartass! How dare you be so impertinent to ask. Now get off my lawn! But then I have moments where I am dazed and confused and this may just be one of those moments.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your worst personal trait [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
I have an awful ability to become completely emotionally detatched from relationships, to the point I could fully walk away from all but a few and not be effected emotionally, despite deeply caring about people. I have a ton of friends and do not play superficial; I go deep, but somehow can somehow just shut off what's gone and move on.
Same here. I am also hard on people and am never shy to share my opinion.

Quote | Reply
I think this thread is turning into a mini dirty secrets one. Nothing will ever surpass that magnum opus of course, but this could have some legs, or not. Just covering my bases to make sure I'm right...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Conflict avoidance.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: What's your worst personal trait [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is not one of mine. Whilst I could have a fight in an empty room, I am still some way short of another example on here at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: What's your worst personal trait [ZimZam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I smile/laugh at inappropriate times, especially when I was younger. It didn't help during basic and AIT at Benning! It caused my nose to bleed and my elbows to swell. Finally, the senior drill understood and relayed it the others. It also didn't help that my Dad had been a drill after a few tours in Viet Nam.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your worst personal trait [jessBsemple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What?

That's makes no sense
Quote Reply
Re: What's your worst personal trait [jessBsemple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My younger daughter is the same. If someone is seriously yelling at her or even when hearing really bad news, her initial reaction is to laugh. Didn't help much during her HS VBall career when the coach would yell at her. She doesn't mean to be disrespectful, it's just a nervous reaction. If I told her a close family member died in a car crash, her initial reaction would be to smile and/or laugh (probably).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's makes no sense //

I believe he is speaking soldier. In basic training when his drill sergeant would tell him to do something, he would smile, the kiss of death. Have you never seen Gomer Pyle? Anyway the bloody nose would be from a punch I presume, and the swollen elbows from doing 100's of push ups? And his dad was similar to his drill instructor, so the smile did not go well at home either, unless it was an actual situation where you are supposed to smile..
Quote Reply
Re: What's your worst personal trait [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Procrastination.

I put the Pro in Procrastination. In my work I'm pretty good at getting things done. But it is my personal business/life where I put things off.

I wish I was more patient with my children and others. I show my frustration to my children when they aren't doing what I want/ask/expect instead of guiding them more. It is probably my worst trait as it affects others besides myself.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your worst personal trait [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Procrastination.

I put the Pro in Procrastination. In my work I'm pretty good at getting things done. But it is my personal business/life where I put things off.

I wish I was more patient with my children and others. I show my frustration to my children when they aren't doing what I want/ask/expect instead of guiding them more. It is probably my worst trait as it affects others besides myself.

I am virtually the same. One difference is I don’t feel procrastination is all that big a deal as the sooner you fall behind the more time you have to catch up.
Last edited by: chriskal: Jun 1, 19 14:58
Quote Reply
Re: What's your worst personal trait [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am very impatient about 80% of the time. I tend to micro-manage people and things. I have a tendency towards rigidity and inflexibility. I have to tell myself to stop alot with these traits!
Quote Reply

Prev Next