Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What are you reading in May [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've enjoyed it. Some of the novels of the collection I've liked more than others, but didn't dislike any. I'd say it's children's literature in the way that Harry Potter or similar is children's lit. That may be the target audience, but good storytelling is still taking place.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you reading in May [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
go so slow wrote:

Chronicles of Narnia - CS Lewis

What do you think? I've never picked it up because think it might not that good. Thinking because of Lewis' reputation as a big time Christian, it gets a bunch of undeserved praise.

I loved the books as a kid and had no clue about the religious side of it. I was shocked as an adult to realize the whole series was a biblical analogy.

I tried rereading them a few years ago but found they were so geared to children that they weren't that fun to read.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you reading in May [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a sucker for Fantasy books (think swords and sorcery - Tolkien, Robert Jordan, David Eddings etc). Currently I'm on my 3rd time reading through Steven Erikson's gargantuan The Malazan Book of the Fallen series. There is like 10 books in the series and they are each like 600 to 1000 pages long. I'm on book 9 Dust of Dreams. Not sure what keeps drawing me back to them because it is an undertaking to get through the series but dang I really like reading them. Prior to this I re-read Glen Cook's Black Company series again (which was an inspiration for Steven Erikson's series and is much easier to chew on).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm juggling a few books but the main one is Ron Chernow's biography of Alexander Hamilton.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: What are you reading in May [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could write a song.........

I will say that the first time I saw this I thought it was genius

I just picked up chernow titan that I think someone suggested

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just landed a huge new job so brushing up on a few leadership books as well as “the first 90 days”.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you reading in May [WilliG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WilliG wrote:
The Safehold series by David Weber. Has a lot of really great elements. Distant future, religious war, rapid technological advancement of what basically amounts to post renaissance Britain into the age of cannons and the creation of an empire. Also a cyborg.

Excellent sci-fi series. It would certainly take me more than a month to read all 12 or so books in the series.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Tour According to G.

It's been sitting on the shelf since the end of last year but I figured I'd try to knock it out before this year's TdF kicks off.
Quote Reply

Prev Next