Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Steelhead Bike Course Change?
Quote | Reply
I was talking to a client today about Steelhead and how beautifully smooth the part they redid on Blue Star was. After that she tells me her husband got an email about how the bike course is changing due to a bridge under construction and taking us thru some shite roads in Coloma. I double checked my email and can’t find anything about it. Does anybody (Tom Z?) have any information on this?

Quote Reply
Re: Steelhead Bike Course Change? [JesseR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No - we will not be taking you through bad roads! Yes - there is a bike course change because of the bridge construction on Hager Shores. New course map will be up in a few days! The new section of Blue Star is fantastic! New course is spot on 56 miles! See you in June! Z
Quote Reply
Re: Steelhead Bike Course Change? [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the response Tom. I should have known not to trust the rumor mill. Gonna try to ride at least the Blue Star part of the course this weekend.

Quote Reply
Re: Steelhead Bike Course Change? [JesseR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couple of guys road the new course last week and measured it out. Mike Ryan drove the course yesterday with the Police to work out the Police locations. We would able to take out the "bike path" portion of last year's course. I'm looking forward to riding it in June before the race on June 30th. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea when bib numbers will be posted? I have a few athletes wanting to order tritats.

And if I missed the posting on the website, I apologize. I did a quick search and didn’t see it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tomziebart wrote:
Couple of guys road the new course last week and measured it out. Mike Ryan drove the course yesterday with the Police to work out the Police locations. We would able to take out the "bike path" portion of last year's course. I'm looking forward to riding it in June before the race on June 30th. Z

That would be good since the bike path part of this course is AWFUL. I have no idea why they included this before...the bike path is narrow and NOT closed off...meaning there were people walking on it, running, and otherwise not on it for racing. Bad news if they have it this way again.
Quote Reply