Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sciatica: Do and Don’t?
Quote | Reply
Hello ST,

I’ve self diagnosed radiating pain in my lower back/hip/leg as Sciatica. Flared up after a tough session on the bike immediately followed by a lengthy sit for a meeting at work. Took the weekend off and looking to get back at it tomorrow.

Any general advice regarding what things I should and should not do? I have plenty of experience with soft tissue issues, but this is my first foray into the lower back.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Sciatica: Do and Don’t? [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it lower back, or overuse piriformis issues? If legit sciatica in lower back, that’s a much more difficult issue. Pinched sciatic nerve through piriformis syndrome would be a “roll out” issue with a ball.
Quote Reply
Re: Sciatica: Do and Don’t? [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look on Google & YouTube. There are some cases which will closely match what you have and maybe show you a simple exercise you can do to reduce pressure on the nerve so it'll heal itself.

I had a similar thing a couple of months ago. I went from lying on the floor in agony to being fixed in 2 or 3 days by doing a "stretch one leg over the other" type exercise from Youtube physiotherapists.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Sciatica: Do and Don’t? [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of stretching, core exercise, what help me a lot was sleeping with a pillow in between legs. Search for Mckenzie Method... is one of the best Global postural re education method... I was completely pain free after 3 to 4 weeks!
Good luck
Quote Reply