Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Streaming TV packages
Quote | Reply
For at least the next few weeks and hopefully on going, I will not have cable TV. My wife really needs Hallmark Channel and Hallmark murders and Mysteries Channel. DirecTV now has Hallmark murders and Mysteries on the entertainment package, but that package does not include the regional Sports Networks. I've checked a couple of the other streaming services but so far have not found any that include both Hallmark channels and Regional Sports networks like Fox Sports Ohio.

I don't think the Hallmark stand-alone package which is like five or six dollars a month lets you just watch it as if you're watching live channels I think it's just lets you pick movies to watch?

Anybody have any options?

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Streaming TV packages [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish you luck. I am a Directv Now subscriber. I went through Sling, Yahoo etc and this package seems to offer the most for the least $$$. I added on HBO and Showtime and I still pay a lot less then when I had cable but it's still not perfect.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Streaming TV packages [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How well do live sports come in? I did a trial of DirecTV Now last fall, but football games were not "smooth", and they buffered and got behind. I'm wondering if that's something with the service, or maybe something with my internet, which isn't terribly fast.
Quote Reply
Re: Streaming TV packages [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also have DirecTV Now and had the same experience with the picture going wonky during live sports - I think it's a function of internet speed, and not the service itself, but I could be wrong. Can't remember it happening during other types of shows.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Streaming TV packages [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
How well do live sports come in? I did a trial of DirecTV Now last fall, but football games were not "smooth", and they buffered and got behind. I'm wondering if that's something with the service, or maybe something with my internet, which isn't terribly fast.

I generally record everything and then play it back without problems. Occasionally I do have a buffering problem with live feeds.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Streaming TV packages [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
I wish you luck. I am a Directv Now subscriber. I went through Sling, Yahoo etc and this package seems to offer the most for the least $$$. I added on HBO and Showtime and I still pay a lot less then when I had cable but it's still not perfect.

+1

I've got the cheapest Directv now, it's got all the hallmark crap. If some how Michigan is on ESPN, I'll cast it and it looks fine.
HBO was about $5 cheaper that way than any other way (but if I just went the most expensive way, stand alone HBO Now, total cost would be cheaper)
Quote Reply