Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which one of these two (awful) medical procedures should I chose?
Quote | Reply
My GP is sending me for some testing that involves putting a probe into me to see what is going on. I may or may not have a choice of what will be done, but the options are:

1. Put a probe in through the rear door, which goes with full anesthetic. I like the prospect of not hearing/feeling/seeing anything but don't fancy the full anesthetic as it creeps me out.

2. Put a probe in through the front door and have local anesthetic. I like the prospect of not being knocked out fully with anesthetic but it creeps me out tho see bunch of people handling and shoving a tube into my privates and that does not involve a hot nurse.

Any experiences? Anybody been under full anesthetic?
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of these two (awful) medical procedures should I chose? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Full anesthetic. I’ve been under several times most recently 6 weeks ago. A little something fun to relax you, count backwards 99, 98, and boom you’re in recovery and the procedure is done.
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of these two (awful) medical procedures should I chose? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Propofol is a miracle - I'd recommend the rear entrance and a nice nap. Got put out for a colonoscopy a couple years ago - lights out fast, woke up fast and very minimal post-procedure effects.

Whatever you choose, I hope it works out in your favor.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a bit different from your case, but I had a catheter stuck up my front door that I had to wear for about five days. Was as uncomfortable as hell, all kinds of blood in my urine from insertion trauma and ended up on anti biotics to fight a urinary tract infection from the damn thing. Back door all the way IMHO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Putting a tube through the urethra is slightly uncomfortable........

100% take the general and through the colon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No brainer - full knockout and backdoor entry. Not even close. The stuff they use now does not have the lingering effects of the stuff they used to use. You have a nice little nap and do not recall anything.

Few years ago, I had a procedure where one went down the throat while another went up the backdoor. The only thing I was concerned about was that they were using two separate scopes. Otherwise, there was a definite order in which I wanted the scope used ...

They used two scopes ...

EDIT: Well, they had two scopes laying out, each of which looked very different. So ... I assume they used two scopes ... unless they played a nasty joke on me ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Last edited by: JSA: May 14, 19 11:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worst part about the colonoscopy is the prep work before hand.

Leave yourself a day prior off work as you will not be wanting to go far from the bathroom.

Procedure itself, like others mention, is 3, 2, 1, lights out - done, wake up, then go get some food as you will be STARVING.

They kept me around post procedure in recovery a bit longer as my heart rate was "too low" - if you are quite active, give them a heads up so they dont freak out.
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of these two (awful) medical procedures should I chose? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA: "Why can't I get this terrible taste out of my mouth?"

Windy: "I have the same problem..."

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of these two (awful) medical procedures should I chose? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Putting a tube through the urethra is slightly uncomfortable........

100% take the general and through the colon

I've had it done a couple of times and it wasn't that bad. And my dick isn't as big as the doctor said it was. Much easier than a colonoscopy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
backdoor & full knock out is the only viable option.

(Not intending to derail but I learned recently that a distant sort of family member bought a stainless steel device that apparently you insert into your pee hole. It's supposed to increase pleasure from ejac. I have never heard of this and CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE that it's for real or pleasurable- has anyone heard of this?? )
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of these two (awful) medical procedures should I chose? [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wtf
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of these two (awful) medical procedures should I chose? [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OakCliffTri wrote:
backdoor & full knock out is the only viable option.

(Not intending to derail but I learned recently that a distant sort of family member bought a stainless steel device that apparently you insert into your pee hole. It's supposed to increase pleasure from ejac. I have never heard of this and CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE that it's for real or pleasurable- has anyone heard of this?? )

I'm glad he went with stainless steel rather than the rusted iron model.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of an old girlfriend...

“You want the moan, or the whimper?”

Trust me, you don’t want the whimper.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of these two (awful) medical procedures should I chose? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
No brainer - full knockout and backdoor entry. Not even close. The stuff they use now does not have the lingering effects of the stuff they used to use. You have a nice little nap and do not recall anything.

Few years ago, I had a procedure where one went down the throat while another went up the backdoor. The only thing I was concerned about was that they were using two separate scopes. Otherwise, there was a definite order in which I wanted the scope used ...

They used two scopes ...

EDIT: Well, they had two scopes laying out, each of which looked very different. So ... I assume they used two scopes ... unless they played a nasty joke on me ...

Maybe they just wanted to see if they could get the two to touch.
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of these two (awful) medical procedures should I chose? [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy101 wrote:
JSA wrote:

They used two scopes ...

Maybe they just wanted to see if they could get the two to touch.

O ye'll tak' the high road and I'll tak the low road,
An' I'll be in Scotland afore ye;

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Last edited by: mck414: May 14, 19 14:34
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of these two (awful) medical procedures should I chose? [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiDriver wrote:
Propofol is a miracle - I'd recommend the rear entrance and a nice nap. Got put out for a colonoscopy a couple years ago - lights out fast, woke up fast and very minimal post-procedure effects.

Whatever you choose, I hope it works out in your favor.

X2. If I have to have people looking up my pooper shooter, then this is the way to go (pardon the pun ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of these two (awful) medical procedures should I chose? [Helliquin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Helliquin wrote:
Worst part about the colonoscopy is the prep work before hand.

Leave yourself a day prior off work as you will not be wanting to go far from the bathroom.

Procedure itself, like others mention, is 3, 2, 1, lights out - done, wake up, then go get some food as you will be STARVING.

They kept me around post procedure in recovery a bit longer as my heart rate was "too low" - if you are quite active, give them a heads up so they dont freak out.

Colonoscopy prep is a piece of cake... if done properly. Unfortunately most (Americans?) go the American route... eat crap up to a day or two before then take some shit that literally pushes everything out in a couple hours.

Do it right, start about a week before hand, reducing high fat and high fiber foods (I think that is right, proper googling recommended) Then minimize solid foods a day or 2 before and then after you take the liquid prep is not much more than peeing out the wrong hole.

Also gives you the best chance of a fully clean colon.

Oh and knock out back door... no doubt about it.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: May 14, 19 14:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are they looking for that can be visualized from both the top and the bottom? Your digestive tract differs greatly along its length, and is about 30 feet long. That is either a long way up or a long way down.
I fear that you may be in for both procedures...

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply