Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Eney Buoy
Quote | Reply
I purchased the Eney Buoy but when I swim with it it doesn't stay put on my groin and quickly drops to my knees making it very difficult to use. It doesn't matter how much force I use to keep it tight against my groin, it always slides to my knees. It appears it doesn't stick well to the fabric of my Speedo jammers. Does anyone else have this problem? Can I do something to the bouy to give it more grip?

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Eney Buoy [EricP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricP wrote:
I purchased the Eney Buoy but when I swim with it it doesn't stay put on my groin and quickly drops to my knees making it very difficult to use. It doesn't matter how much force I use to keep it tight against my groin, it always slides to my knees. It appears it doesn't stick well to the fabric of my Speedo jammers. Does anyone else have this problem? Can I do something to the bouy to give it more grip?

Thanks,

There's your problem right there.....

edit - if you insist on wearing jammers, then try taking some coarse sandpaper to the buoy to give the surface some texture.

Swimming Workout of the Day: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5784860#5784860;
Favourite Swim Sets: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...m.cgi?;post=5004659;
Unattainable goals for 2019/2020 season. https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6944848#p6944848
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: May 14, 19 6:53
Quote Reply
Re: Eney Buoy [EricP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Real men wear briefs.
Quote Reply
Re: Eney Buoy [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wintershade wrote:
Real men wear briefs.

from your mouth to god's ear... Preach!

Swimming Workout of the Day: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5784860#5784860;
Favourite Swim Sets: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...m.cgi?;post=5004659;
Unattainable goals for 2019/2020 season. https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6944848#p6944848
Quote Reply
Re: Eney Buoy [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wintershade wrote:
Real men wear briefs.

^^^^ Solution.
Quote Reply
Re: Eney Buoy [EricP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used the eney buoy for as long as it has been around, with jammers, tri shorts, whatever. It never moves down on me, unless I'm accidentally kicking a tiny bit. I think that is your issue, you are not keeping your legs immobile while doing you're pulls. Try and focus on that and see if that helps..

I even tried it with wetsuit pants and had the same issue as you are, but as I focused even more on keeping still, it would stay put..
Last edited by: monty: May 14, 19 7:23
Quote Reply
Re: Eney Buoy [EricP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had another thought if you still have the problem after calming your kick down. Maybe get some velcro with gorilla glue backing, and slap it on the outside of the buoy where it contacts your thighs. Probably the female portion of the velcro, although the male side would probably work too..Just a thought...
Quote Reply
Re: Eney Buoy [EricP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
need to put in some work on the bike and build those quads up


seriously though, I've never had a problem with that wearing briefs.

Strava I Instagram I Team Every Man Jack I PM me for 25% off discount code at everymanjack.com
Quote Reply
Re: Eney Buoy [EricP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricP wrote:
I purchased the Eney Buoy but when I swim with it it doesn't stay put on my groin and quickly drops to my knees making it very difficult to use. It doesn't matter how much force I use to keep it tight against my groin, it always slides to my knees. It appears it doesn't stick well to the fabric of my Speedo jammers. Does anyone else have this problem? Can I do something to the bouy to give it more grip?

Thanks,

I use the Eney buoy, often with jammers. The only time I have it slip is when it is filled with water (even with 1 chamber). I usually just try to focus on gripping it tighter (and reseating it in my thighs when I turn at the end of a length), but I have heard other people put an exercise band (you know those rubber bands people use for resistance training) around it, which gives it a grippier surface. I think you could play with that or try other materials (maybe some sort of tape that has a grippy outside).
Quote Reply
Re: Eney Buoy [EricP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put some old silicone wristbands (livestrong type...but mine say HTFU) over the pods. Four in total, two on each pod (one on each side of the center bridge).


__________________________________________________
Powered by: Hat Tip - the power of thanks
http://hattip.com http://locations.hattip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Eney Buoy [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
I put some old silicone wristbands (livestrong type...but mine say HTFU) over the pods. Four in total, two on each pod (one on each side of the center bridge).

Great idea! I sandpapered mine but this is even better.

One other thing. Is there a reason it has 2 plastic nuts and bolts that always open up? Why didn’t they bond it tight? Will I ever have to disassemble the thing? I am tempted to fasten the bolt with some loctite or crazy glue.
Quote Reply
Re: Eney Buoy [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
Titanflexr wrote:
I put some old silicone wristbands (livestrong type...but mine say HTFU) over the pods. Four in total, two on each pod (one on each side of the center bridge).


Great idea! I sandpapered mine but this is even better.

One other thing. Is there a reason it has 2 plastic nuts and bolts that always open up? Why didn’t they bond it tight? Will I ever have to disassemble the thing? I am tempted to fasten the bolt with some loctite or crazy glue.

I think it is made of LDPE, which is really hard to glue which is probably why they opted for mechanical fasteners. I haven't had the need yet, but you could get nylon bolts/washers from Home Depot; zip ties might even work.


__________________________________________________
Powered by: Hat Tip - the power of thanks
http://hattip.com http://locations.hattip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Eney Buoy [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine are zip tied together. Works great

Strava I Instagram I Team Every Man Jack I PM me for 25% off discount code at everymanjack.com
Quote Reply
Re: Eney Buoy [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a great idea. Had the same issue as the OP initially. Got it to work better by holding the legs a little tighter, and with screw tops down that I could catch with my knees, still have to adjust during the flip every few lengths though
Quote Reply
Re: Eney Buoy [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine are zip tied together. Works great //

I used zip ties on a newer one I have, but found an old one that actually has molded bolts holding it together. I guess I threw it in a box because the screw caps busted, and completely forgot about it. Took it out and put on new caps, works like a charm. I was thinking of the new bolts, maybe melt them with a hot knife to lock them down??
Quote Reply