Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Costco Gas
Quote | Reply
Someone here recently questioned why people buy gas there. Today the other inexpensive place I occasionally buy gas was $2.919 but I knew I was going to Costco so I skipped them. Costco $2.599 plus 4% rebate so really $2.49. 42 cents a gallon less for 11 gallons so $4.60 saved, time in line 0 sec. at 5 o'clock at night.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: May 8, 19 17:32
Quote Reply
Re: Costco Gas [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Costco gas here is always significantly less expensive but it's generally slammed when I'm there. Only once in a while do I have time to wait in line.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's less expensive because it doesn't have Techron in it. You gotta have the "Top Tier" gas, or your valves get all dirty. I saw that in a TV advertisement so it must be true.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Costco $2.599 plus 4% so really $2.49. //

I think you mean minus 4%(By using the Costco Visa card)?

And we have the same situation around here, but most of the cheap stations that are close to Costco's price, are not the good gas either. Costco gas is always top tier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get up to a dollar per gallon off (beating Costco's price considerably) by shopping at the local Kroger super market and using cumulative points at their gas pumps. Until their special expires May 21, that is the best price I have found so far.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Costco Gas [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
I get up to a dollar per gallon off (beating Costco's price considerably) by shopping at the local Kroger super market and using cumulative points at their gas pumps. Until their special expires May 21, that is the best price I have found so far.

You have to spend a grand to get a buck off. I always fill up the last day of the month
Quote Reply
Re: Costco Gas [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
It's less expensive because it doesn't have Techron in it. You gotta have the "Top Tier" gas, or your valves get all dirty. I saw that in a TV advertisement so it must be true.

Epic FAIL.. costco gas is "Top Tier" try again. https://toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Costco Gas [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Costco $2.599 plus 4% so really $2.49. //

I think you mean minus 4%(By using the Costco Visa card)?

And we have the same situation around here, but most of the cheap stations that are close to Costco's price, are not the good gas either. Costco gas is always top tier.

Fixed it meant plus 4% rebate. so $2.49

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:

Can you use the Kroger points for something else? I have no clue, but if so that's like saying I pay half in cash so I only pay 50%.. If kroger points are only used for gas than good for you. don't shop at Kroger so I don't know how there points work..

Reminds me of my wife saying oh it was free I got it on Amazon and used our points... ah no we still paid for it cause those points could have gone for something we need.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Someone here recently questioned why people buy gas there. Today the other inexpensive place I occasionally buy gas was $2.919 but I knew I was going to Costco so I skipped them. Costco $2.599 plus 4% rebate so really $2.49. 42 cents a gallon less for 11 gallons so $4.60 saved, time in line 0 sec. at 5 o'clock at night.

You are disgusting, doesn't you state care about the planet????

We are paying $4.10 in Calif. because we care.

I hope you appreciate our efforts to keep our planet from becoming a flooded sauna!
Quote Reply
Re: Costco Gas [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

I hope you appreciate our efforts to keep our planet from becoming a flooded sauna!

The best thing to happen to the planet would be california to drop into the ocean.. ok maybe thats not the best thing.. but it would be good.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
getcereal wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

The best thing to happen to the planet would be california to drop into the ocean.. ok maybe thats not the best thing.. but it would be good.

Then who would save the planet? AOC can't do it all by herself!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
zed707 wrote:

Epic FAIL.. costco gas is "Top Tier" try again. https://toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

I don't think you know what epic fail means--especially with FAIL spelled out in full caps.

I didn't know that Costco was top tier. Lighten up, Francis.
Last edited by: zed707: May 8, 19 18:57
Quote Reply
Re: Costco Gas [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
SallyShortyPnts wrote:

You have to spend a grand to get a buck off. I always fill up the last day of the month

Through May 21, it’s 2-5X points, so if you are really discriminating, then spending $200 nets $1/gallon savings.

My local Smiths (Kroger owned) is a super store, similar to a Super Target or Walmart with groceries. I bought Spring bedding plants and a InstaPot for cooking, so points allowed me to accumulate 2000 points for gas in April.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but the nearest Costco is 60 miles away, and in Connecticut, so it's $2.85 for regular.

I could go to BJs and buy one thing, go outside and get $2.67/g (0.10 off). My wife ends up getting Cumberland Farms on the way to work cause using their app saves 0.10/g, so it's $2.70/g today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
windywave wrote:
SallyShortyPnts wrote:

Through May 21, it’s 2-5X points, so if you are really discriminating, then spending $200 nets $1/gallon savings.

My local Smiths (Kroger owned) is a super store, similar to a Super Target or Walmart with groceries. I bought Spring bedding plants and a InstaPot for cooking, so points allowed me to accumulate 2000 points for gas in April.

Well that's not a promotion here and the only Kroger owned stores are grocery only and I don't spend that much on food
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
SallyShortyPnts wrote:

Can you use the Kroger points for something else? I have no clue, but if so that's like saying I pay half in cash so I only pay 50%.. If kroger points are only used for gas than good for you. don't shop at Kroger so I don't know how there points work..

Reminds me of my wife saying oh it was free I got it on Amazon and used our points... ah no we still paid for it cause those points could have gone for something we need.

As of now, the points are only useful to buy gas. In Utah, gas is about $3/gallon, so it’s 1/3 off. I price compare between the Costco, Sam’s Club and Smith’s apps constantly to insure lowest prices as well.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Costco Gas [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
zed707 wrote:

I don't think you know what epic fail means--especially with FAIL spelled out in full caps.

I didn't know that Costco was top tier. Lighten up, Francis.

Well MAYBE before you make a post slamming a protect for not being something it actually is, you will do some research.. I mean if you didn't know why the F would say its not.. Maybe learn about things before you comment.

Just Triing
Last edited by: DavHamm: May 9, 19 15:09
Quote Reply
Re: Costco Gas [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
Yeah, but the nearest Costco is 60 miles away, and in Connecticut, so it's $2.85 for regular.

I could go to BJs and buy one thing, go outside and get $2.67/g (0.10 off). My wife ends up getting Cumberland Farms on the way to work cause using their app saves 0.10/g, so it's $2.70/g today.

Wonderful, didn't really claim it was what everyone should do. Was replying to someone who didn't understand why anyone would get gas at costco.. I don't know why anyone would travel 60 miles to get gas. Of course don't know why anyone would post on a thread about a store that they dont really shop at cause its 60 miles away.

Just Triing
Quote Reply