Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Coach vs. QB
Quote | Reply
Who do you think is more responsible for a winning football team, coach or QB? I think that if Matt Stafford played under Belichik instead of Brady, Stafford would have at least one Superbowl ring because Belechik would have figured out how to best use Stafford. Maybe Andy Dalton too. Your thoughts?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Coach vs. QB [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Who do you think is more responsible for a winning football team, coach or QB? I think that if Matt Stafford played under Belichik instead of Brady, Stafford would have at least one Superbowl ring because Belechik would have figured out how to best use Stafford. Maybe Andy Dalton too. Your thoughts?

Well, no Stafford as starting QB under Belechik would not have a Super Bowl ring, cause Belechik would have idetified him as a loser and traded or benched him.

The QB can only influence the Offense, the Head Coach influences the team and coaches. Even a Great QB on a team with no defence is going to find winning very hard. A QB with no offensive line is in trouble--- did you watch Green Bay last year.

Now take a great coach give him a great QB and the coach has more flexability on needs, you can go get marginal wide recievers and the QB can elevate there game, so now you have more money to spend on other positions.

Oh it also helps if that Stud QB is married to an Uber rich person so he can take a very small paycheck relative to his position and not care.

The biggest knock on Stafford is he hasn't won the big game EVER... and its a trait you can't teach, its a lack of leadership, from all reports even in the locker room he is not a leader.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Coach vs. QB [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coach. He has more input into the shape of the roster & coaching staff. It's still a team game at the end of the day. In your examples below - Belichik would've constructed a roster that would've complimented the skillset, or lack of, for Stafford & Dalton. For Stafford it would have probably on the defensive side and for Dalton it's definitely on the offensive side.
Quote Reply
Re: Coach vs. QB [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
The biggest knock on Stafford is he hasn't won the big game EVER... and its a trait you can't teach, its a lack of leadership, from all reports even in the locker room he is not a leader.

Stafford won the Texas state championship, Chick-fil-a bowl, sugarbowl, and capital1bowl.
Brady won the big10 twice, the Citrusbowl and orangebowel.

Stafford was a better HS and college QB than Brady.

Besides the point, Bellecheck probably couldn't win with Stafford. He only made the playoffs once in 4 years with Vinny Testaverde (who was a far better college player than either Stafford or Brady) - he couldn't make the playoffs with Bernie.

Off topic, Kosar was the losing QB vs. Flutie's hail mary.
Quote Reply