Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fences and building permits? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
TiDriver wrote:
Yes, my town requires a permit for everything and they're known for being a pain in the ass during whatever project is going on w/ numerous inspections and frequent delays/hassles for trivial stuff. Last year, I put up a new 6" fence (15" on both sides of the house and a ~75" run along one side of the backyard) without bothering with a permit. .

Yeah, why they hell would people need inspections, homeowners know all. LOL

I really wonder what bread of dog you have.. Is it a miniature dachshund?

The opinion of our local permitting & inspection process is not mine, but that of a VERY good GC who did a major addition to our house, and it is apparently shared among the general trades community in our area. Since we were living in the house throughout the process, I saw first hand both the quality of their work, and the ridiculous minutiae that the inspectors quibbled about. And yes, the measurements of the fence were supposed to be in feet, not inches - bit of a case of the Mondays I reckon.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Fences and building permits? [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fence permit, issued by the city, after plans reviewed and check handed over. HOA isn't involved.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Fences and building permits? [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiDriver wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
TiDriver wrote:
Yes, my town requires a permit for everything and they're known for being a pain in the ass during whatever project is going on w/ numerous inspections and frequent delays/hassles for trivial stuff. Last year, I put up a new 6" fence (15" on both sides of the house and a ~75" run along one side of the backyard) without bothering with a permit. .

Yeah, why they hell would people need inspections, homeowners know all. LOL

I really wonder what bread of dog you have.. Is it a miniature dachshund?

The opinion of our local permitting & inspection process is not mine, but that of a VERY good GC who did a major addition to our house, and it is apparently shared among the general trades community in our area. Since we were living in the house throughout the process, I saw first hand both the quality of their work, and the ridiculous minutiae that the inspectors quibbled about. And yes, the measurements of the fence were supposed to be in feet, not inches - bit of a case of the Mondays I reckon.

It was just a jab at your inches instead of feet.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply

Prev Next