Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question on Westerosi Inheritance (Game of Thrones S8 Ep3 Spoiler Inside)
Quote | Reply
Now that Lyanna Mormont is dead, who inherits Bear Island? Or do we know enough to answer that question?

Jorah Mormont's dad Jeor joined the Watch, leaving Jorah to rule Bear Island. After Jorah got busted for slaving and was banished therefor, Jeor's sister Maege succeeded to the position. Mage was succeeded by the girl-Lady Lyanna Mormont.

Well, as of this past Sunday night, Jeor's dead, Lyanna's dead, and Jorah's dead. Do we know anything about who takes Bear Island now? Does it matter?

I'm really not asking because I think it's a substantial plot issue, but rather I see it as an intellectual exercise.

I don't know enough about the story to know if we have the information necessary nor if it will impact the plot going forward. In lieu of insightful comment, I give you this awesome pic:

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Question on Westerosi Inheritance (Game of Thrones S8 Ep3 Spoiler Inside) [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Night King is such a nice guy.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Question on Westerosi Inheritance (Game of Thrones S8 Ep3 Spoiler Inside) [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the books, Maege had 5 daughters.
  1. Dacey
  2. Alysana
  3. Lyra
  4. Jorelle
  5. Lyanna

Dacey dies in the red wedding.
In the books, Alysana is still alive and has 2 kids.
In order for Lyanna to be the lord, all 4 of her sisters had to die, and Alysana's daughter and son. Lyanna was the last Mormont

Maege was never married - rumors were she had the kids with a bear...
Alysana was never married either, no one in the books knew if they were bastards or not - they aren't even named in the books that's how far they were.

I guess it defaults to the Starks/warden of the north.
Quote Reply
Re: Question on Westerosi Inheritance (Game of Thrones S8 Ep3 Spoiler Inside) [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe all he wanted to do all along was just hold the umbrella for Bran during the storm. Maybe Arya was too hasty? Thousands of lives needlessly lost.....

; )

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Question on Westerosi Inheritance (Game of Thrones S8 Ep3 Spoiler Inside) [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

The NK did nothing wrong. Prove otherwise.
Quote Reply
Re: Question on Westerosi Inheritance (Game of Thrones S8 Ep3 Spoiler Inside) [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NK needs to get a new tailor. That vest seems like it comes up just a little short around the midsection. Probably not anything to worry about though.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Question on Westerosi Inheritance (Game of Thrones S8 Ep3 Spoiler Inside) [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

Yes he did. He didn't win, despite overwhelming military superiority and against a foe employing militarily stupid tactics...
https://www.vox.com/...-winterfell-military

I know you mean that he did nothing wrong to be the bad guy. He was the beneficiary of incredibly stupid moves by his adversaries (the unnecessary sacrifice of Viserion, the whole Battle of Winterfell) and still couldn't win with overwhelming odds and an almost unlimited ability to refresh his own troops.
Quote Reply
Re: Question on Westerosi Inheritance (Game of Thrones S8 Ep3 Spoiler Inside) [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

Sure he did. He attacked Hardhome and killed everyone....just for starters. Other battles followed.

He didn't have to attack Winterfell, the undead hordes could have kept cruising south and found some nice beach property to chill at.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

I said he was a nice guy. He's holding an umbrella for Bran. I don't even do that for my wife. ;-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Question on Westerosi Inheritance (Game of Thrones S8 Ep3 Spoiler Inside) [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
NK needs to get a new tailor. That vest seems like it comes up just a little short around the midsection. Probably not anything to worry about though.

LOL
Quote Reply