Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New: HUUB 4zero9 speedsuit
Quote | Reply
https://huubdesign.com/collections/cycle-wear

I believe I saw Jordan wearing one of these this past weekend during his 3:29 3km pursuit and quickly followed up by a 4:46 4km pursuit. Maybe he can chime in and tell us a little more about it.
Quote Reply
Re: New: HUUB 4zero9 speedsuit [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure somebody else on the forum has one... but I won't out them.

My guess is it's a fast suit, but likely only at higher (boards) speeds. The real question is... is it faster than the other fast suits, like the much cheaper Velotec.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: New: HUUB 4zero9 speedsuit [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It better be super fast! UK site has it listed at £299.99 (which is about $390) and the US site has it listed for $450. My only question is who did the math on that conversation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
4:46 4km pursuit. Maybe he can chime in and tell us a little more about it.

Send it back for a refund - it fell 37 seconds short!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
It better be super fast! UK site has it listed at £299.99 (which is about $390) and the US site has it listed for $450. My only question is who did the math on that conversation.

Out of my budget or skill level but people spend like $2500 on some Enve wheels that don't do as much as skinsuits.

I think it's just a mental thing with people to spend $400 on a garment versus $2500 on carbon, metal, hubs, etc. It's just more tangible and tactile versus a few grams of fabric.

But, that few grams of fabric is worth more watts/CdA gain.

I've been cruising Ebay for a Bioracer.
Quote Reply
Re: New: HUUB 4zero9 speedsuit [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Ohio_Roadie wrote:

Out of my budget or skill level but people spend like $2500 on some Enve wheels that don't do as much as skinsuits.

I think it's just a mental thing with people to spend $400 on a garment versus $2500 on carbon, metal, hubs, etc. It's just more tangible and tactile versus a few grams of fabric.

But, that few grams of fabric is worth more watts/CdA gain.

I've been cruising Ebay for a Bioracer.

Skinsuits are like helmets. Your results may vary. A friend track-tested a Bioracer this winter and it was a huge steaming trud on him. His result is probably an outlier, because so many people are fast in a Bioracer, If you can't test, I would stick with a known quantity that isn't particularly expensive. The Velotec is certainly a good option new and you can probably grab a used BP3 for cheap.
Quote Reply
Re: New: HUUB 4zero9 speedsuit [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heath outed himself as having one on instagram.
Quote Reply
Re: New: HUUB 4zero9 speedsuit [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hah, yeah. Glad he got it before today.

I have been slowly amassing some "fast" skinsuits used to take to my next trip to the tunnel. Hopefully my "best" suit is a cheapy ;)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's fast, but I haven't done A/B testing against my Pearl suit yet. I can say it's *not* dramatically faster than the Pearl suit based on CdA values I've pulled out from *separate* sessions in both suits.

The silicone grippers on the sleeves make alignment of the sleeve seams more challenging that on the Pearl suit (Mach5 LS), which has no grippers on the arms or legs. I'd say that's the thing that will likely take me the most time to dial in, since that area is critical for airflow. So how do I align the sleeves so that the upper arm and shoulders are the "cleanest" when I'm in aero.

Also definitely know from experience that suit+helmet has a lot of variability. So I really need to test:
Giro+Pearl
Giro+HUUB
POC+Pearl
POC+HUUB
(All in the same session.)

Because the interaction between suit and helmet matters a lot. I'd also like to get a NoPinz suit to have a third data point. I can use my LG tri-suit (which is quite fast) as another reference point.

The overall fit is great. Chamois super comfortable. And the number pocket is awesome. It's a "heavier" fabric - suit is warmer than the Pearl suit - but it's also much more "supportive" than the Pearl suit is.

Pearl has a ton of experience in this area, so I'd have been shocked if this suit really crushed it. Likewise, given the experience of the HUUB guys, I'd have been shocked if it was a dog. I can say it's fast, but is it the clear leader in terms of CdA? So far, I haven't seen evidence that it's significantly* faster or slower than the Pearl suit for me. *By significant, I consider that to be 0.005 CdA or more.

I didn't pay for either suit, so I can't speak to perceived value.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: New: HUUB 4zero9 speedsuit [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
Skinsuits are like helmets. Your results may vary. A friend track-tested a Bioracer this winter and it was a huge steaming trud on him. His result is probably an outlier, because so many people are fast in a Bioracer, If
you can't test, I would stick with a known quantity that isn't particularly expensive. The Velotec is certainly a good option new and you can probably grab a used BP3 for cheap.
Well the Bioracer sucks on me too so I guess I'm an outlier too. But yeah, it's odd how different skinsuits and helmets work on different people.
Quote Reply