Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Biden Jumping in [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
//Does 60% of any demographic vote? That seems high.

Actually, I think Biden is the guy that could pull Trump voters over. Trump's expanded base is a fickle bunch. My father in law was a Bernie guy, then switched to Trump because he hated Hillary (and also, because he's kind of an idiot with no clear political philosophy or convictions beyond scratching whatever's itching at the moment). I can easily see disaffected Trump voters switching over to a plain spoken blue collar type old white guy candidate (R or D), easier than they would a Corey Booker, Kamala Harris, Mayor Pete, et al.

He's a safe alternative to their protest vote gone bad Trump. //

This makes sense to me PROVIDED Biden doesn't move too far left to keep the Dem voters fired up - not that they'll vote from Trump, they'll just not vote. Seems many Trump voters held their nose and voted for him due to his opponent. If Biden can stay center/left and handles Trump in debates then it seems realistic that Biden will likely pull those holding their nose. If he goes left, then all bets are off. One positive for Biden is that he'll seem very moderate in a head-to-head with Bernie. I'd imagine Trump's camp will just paint Biden as the second coming of Obama (which will work great for Dems, but maybe not so much for swing voters).

All that said, how Trump wins reelection is beyond me. I cannot imagine another 4 yrs of this.

The Justice Democrats and the new face of the Dem party won't allow Biden to stay central or moderate. He will be forced to stake a position on the Green New Deal and everything else coming from AOC and her cohorts. He can's side step it and can't ignore. The ultra left won't allow the Dems to have a moderate candidate.
Quote Reply
Re: Biden Jumping in [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Quote:
You aren't going to get 60% of millennials to vote, but you also aren't going to get 15% of old white people who voted for Trump to switch their vote to Biden........or maybe you will. What do I know?

Does 60% of any demographic vote? That seems high.

Actually, I think Biden is the guy that could pull Trump voters over. Trump's expanded base is a fickle bunch. My father in law was a Bernie guy, then switched to Trump because he hated Hillary (and also, because he's kind of an idiot with no clear political philosophy or convictions beyond scratching whatever's itching at the moment). I can easily see disaffected Trump voters switching over to a plain spoken blue collar type old white guy candidate (R or D), easier than they would a Corey Booker, Kamala Harris, Mayor Pete, et al.

He's a safe alternative to their protest vote gone bad Trump.
-
Not a disaffected Trump guy, (I'd be coming from third party), but I could be a swinger, and as long as we're talking about that and who those people might be, another thing that would be in play for me is the senate; if it looks to go dem, I would be less likely to vote for even a rational dem, just not interested in complete dem control in DC.
Quote Reply
Re: Biden Jumping in [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Google “Biden Ukraine”.

He’s done.
-
To what you alluded, the Biden entry is also another occasion for looking back at Obama admin activity leading to (and after) the 2016 election. John Solomon brings out a lot of the info that has slowly come to light. Here's another installment:
-
https://thehill.com/...ive-russia-collusion
Quote Reply
Re: Biden Jumping in [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Google “Biden Ukraine”.

He’s done.

-
To what you alluded, the Biden entry is also another occasion for looking back at Obama admin activity leading to (and after) the 2016 election. John Solomon brings out a lot of the info that has slowly come to light. Here's another installment:
-

That article is confusing to read. But I have two points.

Quote:
Steele wrote the famous dossier for Fusion that the FBI used to gain a warrant to spy on the Trump campaign.

I think we should be careful with the word "spy". This is a loaded word with pejorative intent. A warrant was granted, indicating the process of judicial oversight was used. This was FBI surveillance. If the FBI engaged in surveillance without due authorization, then I'm fine with more pejorative terms. But I don't like the recent practice of undermining the judicial and law enforcement systems with pejorative terms only when we don't like the outcome, or to protect our favorite celebrity politicians. If people want to through Strzok (sp?) et al, under the bus fine. This is different.

Second, this bit that the Steele dossier was used to gain the warrant was something first claimed by Hannity then repeated ever since even by reputable sources. It is incorrect. The dossier was not used as evidence to gain the warrant. It was Papadopoulos. See page 6 of Mueller's report.

Mueller:

Quote:
July 2016 was also the month WikiLeaks first released emails stolen by the GRU from the DNC. On July 22, 2016, WikiLeaks posted thousands of internal DNC documents revealing information about the Clinton Campaign. Within days, there was public reporting that U.S. intelligence agencies had "high confidence" that the Russian government was.behind the theft of emails and documents from the DNC. And within a week of the release, a foreign government informed the FBI about its May 2016 interaction with Papadopoulos and his statement that the Russian government could assist the Trump Campaign. On July 31, 2016, based on the foreign government reporting, the FBI opened an investigation into potential coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump Campaign.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 27, 19 14:18
Quote Reply
Re: Biden Jumping in [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it's Biden v. Trump, and Biden hasn't slid too far to the left with promises of free stuff for everyone, then I'll vote Biden. Trump has diminished the office of the President of the US, IMHO.

Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
dave_w wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Google “Biden Ukraine”.

He’s done.

-
-

That article is confusing to read. But I have two points.

Quote:
Steele wrote the famous dossier for Fusion that the FBI used to gain a warrant to spy on the Trump campaign.

I think we should be careful with the word "spy". This is a loaded word with pejorative intent. A warrant was granted, indicating the process of judicial oversight was used. This was FBI surveillance. If the FBI engaged in surveillance without due authorization, then I'm fine with more pejorative terms. But I don't like the recent practice of undermining the judicial and law enforcement systems with pejorative terms only when we don't like the outcome, or to protect our favorite celebrity politicians. If people want to through Strzok (sp?) et al, under the bus fine. This is different.

Second, this bit that the Steele dossier was used to gain the warrant was something first claimed by Hannity then repeated ever since even by reputable sources. It is incorrect. The dossier was not used as evidence to gain the warrant. It was Papadopoulos. See page 6 of Mueller's report.

Mueller:

Quote:
July 2016 was also the month WikiLeaks first released emails stolen by the GRU from the DNC. On July 22, 2016, WikiLeaks posted thousands of internal DNC documents revealing information about the Clinton Campaign. Within days, there was public reporting that U.S. intelligence agencies had "high confidence" that the Russian government was.behind the theft of emails and documents from the DNC. And within a week of the release, a foreign government informed the FBI about its May 2016 interaction with Papadopoulos and his statement that the Russian government could assist the Trump Campaign. On July 31, 2016, based on the foreign government reporting, the FBI opened an investigation into potential coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump Campaign.

Agree on the use of the word "spying", It was actually Shaheen's word (Trymp's?) in her question and I think Barr responded to that political word in a political way, instead of changing it to the accepted "surveilled" or whatever from the IC standpoint.
Disagree on the FISA warrant (I think Papadopoulus was a genesis for the investigation, but warrant itself was Page); several that have looked at the warrant have said it relied on the dossier, including Graham and Grassly in their memo. Heck, as some here proclaimed, there's a whole page in it that decribes why the FBI trusts Steele so much. We also have some testimony from others that it was a very important element in attaining the warrants.
-
"
The Grassley-Graham memo carries considerable weight, since both Grassley and Graham have seen the actual FISA warrants and were able to base their referral for criminal investigation of Steele on the information found in those warrants. Furthermore, this confirms another important piece of the Republican FISA memo — that there would never have been a FISA warrant for surveillance of Page in the absence of the “dossier” alleging that Donald Trump was both the victim of blackmail and the recipient of assistance at the hands of Russian agents. The Republican FISA memo points to this fact by stating that then-Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe (who suddenly resigned when the House Intelligence Committee voted to release the memo to the public) had “testified before the Committee in December 2017 that no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the FISC without the Steele dossier information.” So all four warrant applications “relied” so “heavily” on the “dossier” that the FBI obviously did not think the information agents gathered on their own would meet the standard of probable cause without the “information” contained in the “dossier.”
As alluded to above, the Grassley-Graham memo is also lent considerable credibility since it is an official referral for criminal investigation. It would not end well for either of the senators whose signatures appear on that referral if the information contained in that referral were bogus."
-
https://www.thenewamerican.com/...ims-of-gop-fisa-memo

To the whole Papadopoulus story, there's lots we still don't know, and I continue to wonder what is disinformation and not, so I'm waiting, but:
https://thehill.com/...sia-and-papadopoulos
Quote Reply

Prev Next