Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Damn. We Just Lost McKean. [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Mueller report changed your opinion of Trump's fitness for office? That's really hard to wrap my head around, no offense intended. All the report did is reaffirm everything he was doing in plain sight.

What was it specifically that you found to be revealing and intolerable?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Damn. We Just Lost McKean. [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

I agree. So do Romney, Biden, Schultz, Bloomberg, and Kaisch, . What do they all have in common with Klobuchar? None will ever be President.

Klobuchar has more chance than any GOP candidate. The GOP elites are all-in for Trump.

The Dem race is wide, wide open. And the fact that Biden leads most polls by a pretty good margin (vs. other Democrats) indicates there's considerable space for a moderate.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 24, 19 8:02
Quote Reply
Re: Damn. We Just Lost McKean. [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

It didn't change my mind or surprise me, but his asking McGahn sign a document claiming that Trump hadn't asked him to fire Mueller is something that I don't think we knew, and it sort of crystallizes Trump into a single event. Considers his underlings as disposable. Willing to commit felonies and induce others to for his own benefit. Reflexive instinct to lie. Paranoia/obsession.
Quote Reply
Re: Damn. We Just Lost McKean. [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Oh, just some politician

I thought you were gonna tell me David St Hubbins had passed away

I was afraid of the same thing.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Iowa's longest-serving GOP lawmaker joins the Democrats because of Trump

https://www.cnn.com/...nge-party/index.html

"I believe that it is just a matter of time before our party pays a heavy price for President Trump's reckless spending and shortsighted financial policies, his erratic, destabilizing foreign policy and his disregard for environmental concerns," McKean added.

The stupidity of this shows a complete lack of understanding of today's politics. There is no choice. On the major issues, you either believe in what the Republicans stand for or what the Democrats stand for. If the person at the top of the ticket changes your mind, you're an idiot and you probably shouldn't vote at all. You also probably read the directions on the shampoo bottle.

This joker, McKean, has a problem with "Trump's reckless spending and shortsighted financial policies" so he's moving to the party of the New Green Deal, Medicare for all, free college, and college debt forgiveness.

If you don't point and laugh at this guy, point and laugh at yourself.

I take no argument in your point that the above quoted rationale that this state legislator uses about Trump does not square with current democrat policy and as such does not provide a solution. So the Trump led national party is democrat leaning wrt reckless spending, destabilizing national security and other policies. This I will point to, but I won't laugh. I cry over this conundrum. Trump has turned traditional political positions and policies on their head.

What I believe is that this politician listened to his children, his pastor, his wife, his neighbors kids, his constituents and assessed the political wind direction in his district. His primary motivation is an animus to the character of leadership in his party. It is his quote below that I will point to and applaud, not laugh at.

" He (Trump) sets a poor example for the nation and particularly for our children by personally insulting often in cruel and juvenile fashion those who disagree with him.... frequent disregard for the truth and willingness to deride or marginalize people for their appearance, ethnicity or disability"

Will the ever shifting political winds in the swing state of Iowa be felt elsewhere?
Quote Reply
Re: Damn. We Just Lost McKean. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get that it confirmedd these behaviors in clear terms, but again...is anyone really surprised, even a little bit, to learn that?

You'd really have to be living under a rock to have believed this behavior was beyond him. He's a con man. Always has been, always will be. That's not just an opinion. It's black and white.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
DJRed wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
Jesus man. It doesn't take long for the right to turn on their own. If that's your view of the majority of the democratic party, you need to avoid FoxNews for a bit. I mean, at least he left the party of white power, tax cuts for the rich, discrimination of the LBGTQ group, hypocrisy regarding abortion, science denying, gun crazy xenophobes. Please tell me you see how ridiculous that sounds.

You make my point. Yes, that is the Republican party. It's not what I stand for, It's not what many Republicans stand for. But, it is today's perceive Republican party.

No, I didn't make your point. I actually completely blew it to pieces and you are too tribal to see how. Throw ridiculous shade at the fringe left and it's gospel. Throw ridiculous shade at the right and "that's not what I stand for, it's not what many Republicans stand for". You think?

No. I am agreeing with you, but you are too prone to attacking Trump ball-washers to see it.

Neither party is their fringe, BUT THAT'S WHAT WE ARE LED TO BELEIVE THAT'S HOW WE VOTE, AND THAT'S HOW THEY GOVERN.

Read post 24 and see if it helps.

10-4. I obviously glossed over a sentence or two. I'm an equal opportunity attacker of hypocrisy. It's just so much easier to do it to Trump ball-washers these days. People look for sources to confirm their pre-conceived views. They lead themselves. No need to have someone push them there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious what his polling data shows. Politicians, especially long serving ones are not altruistic. They are either really vocal from the get go (Romney, Jeb Bush), or they tend to keep their mouths shut out of political self preservation. Many of us are biding time quietly because the vocal ones have largely become persona non grata left stewing over their anger, perceived squandering of their prior efforts, or their place in the pecking order being lost.

I find it hard to believe this guy is just now seeing a concern, most have set aside their issues they had because Trump has delivered to a larger extent than others. That is why he enjoys such a high approval rating. So I'm willing to bet, he is doing this out of self preservation, and that rarely works long term.

Speaking of approval rating, I find it largely simplistic. I do not approve of trump on a personal or personality level at all, but I do approve of what he has accomplished and will vote for him again. Depending on how the question is framed, I could be accused of embracing his behavior including his pandering to xenophobic elements, which I'm far from. Fair game I suppose, but I really just can't stand him or his base.

Know who I can't stand more? Democrats, especially the current crop.
Quote Reply
Re: Damn. We Just Lost McKean. [Ozymandias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ozymandias wrote:
Curious what his polling data shows. Politicians, especially long serving ones are not altruistic. They are either really vocal from the get go (Romney, Jeb Bush), or they tend to keep their mouths shut out of political self preservation. Many of us are biding time quietly because the vocal ones have largely become persona non grata left stewing over their anger, perceived squandering of their prior efforts, or their place in the pecking order being lost.

I find it hard to believe this guy is just now seeing a concern, most have set aside their issues they had because Trump has delivered to a larger extent than others. That is why he enjoys such a high approval rating. So I'm willing to bet, he is doing this out of self preservation, and that rarely works long term.

Speaking of approval rating, I find it largely simplistic. I do not approve of trump on a personal or personality level at all, but I do approve of what he has accomplished and will vote for him again. Depending on how the question is framed, I could be accused of embracing his behavior including his pandering to xenophobic elements, which I'm far from. Fair game I suppose, but I really just can't stand him or his base.

Know who I can't stand more? Democrats, especially the current crop.

Who exactly do you think Trump's base is? I tend to consider the base as the group who will vote for you despite all your deficiencies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
The Mueller report changed your opinion of Trump's fitness for office? That's really hard to wrap my head around, no offense intended. All the report did is reaffirm everything he was doing in plain sight.

Well, despite my posting history, its not just the Mueller report. I don't find him intolerable as much as I see him as incompetent. All the stupid shit he says on twitter is just that... stupid shit. I don't care that he says stupid shit. I think he does it just to troll the Dems and the Media. It isn't any one thing... I dont think I could name one thing.. just not feeling it for 2020... weird I know... but thats the best way I could describe why I wont vote for him again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

I, too, would like to know the answers to these questions.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
sphere wrote:

Well, despite my posting history, its not just the Mueller report. I don't find him intolerable as much as I see him as incompetent. All the stupid shit he says on twitter is just that... stupid shit. I don't care that he says stupid shit. I think he does it just to troll the Dems and the Media. It isn't any one thing... I dont think I could name one thing.. just not feeling it for 2020... weird I know... but thats the best way I could describe why I wont vote for him again.

Based on the incompetence and although I do think he trolls often, he certainly doesn't say that much stupid shit as a continual level of the dems. I've said the Mueller report changed my mind. I was hoping for the best. It certainly didn't come back worst case, but it painted him in such a dirty light. Much more corrupt than I gave him credit for. I wouldn't trust the guy to walk my dog.
Quote Reply
Re: Damn. We Just Lost McKean. [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
orphious wrote:
sphere wrote:

Based on the incompetence and although I do think he trolls often, he certainly doesn't say that much stupid shit as a continual level of the dems. I've said the Mueller report changed my mind. I was hoping for the best. It certainly didn't come back worst case, but it painted him in such a dirty light. Much more corrupt than I gave him credit for. I wouldn't trust the guy to walk my dog.

You're crazy. He was completely exonerated by that report.

Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Damn. We Just Lost McKean. [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
DJRed wrote:
The stupidity of this shows a complete lack of understanding of today's politics. There is no choice. On the major issues, you either believe in what the Republicans stand for or what the Democrats stand for. If the person at the top of the ticket changes your mind, you're an idiot and you probably shouldn't vote at all.

The person at the top of the ticket didn't change his mind. He changed what the Republican party stood for.

free markets --> protectionist / tariffs
strong foreign policy --> kissing Russia's ass + ignoring everything else (South China Sea, Venezuela, Syria, etc...)
limited government (ok, at least Republicans used to talk about it...) --> ballooning deficit
add a dash of immigration phobia

he's still hanging on to the supply side economics / tax cuts, but that's about it.

But he did put conservatives on the court.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Damn. We Just Lost McKean. [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
spudone wrote:
DJRed wrote:
The stupidity of this shows a complete lack of understanding of today's politics. There is no choice. On the major issues, you either believe in what the Republicans stand for or what the Democrats stand for. If the person at the top of the ticket changes your mind, you're an idiot and you probably shouldn't vote at all.

The person at the top of the ticket didn't change his mind. He changed what the Republican party stood for.

free markets --> protectionist / tariffs
strong foreign policy --> kissing Russia's ass + ignoring everything else (South China Sea, Venezuela, Syria, etc...)
limited government (ok, at least Republicans used to talk about it...) --> ballooning deficit
add a dash of immigration phobia

he's still hanging on to the supply side economics / tax cuts, but that's about it.

But he did put conservatives on the court.

And don't forget about your 401k!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
I dont point and laugh but I find it kind of sad that he cant hold conservative values while detesting Trump.. I see it as nothing more than a publicity stunt.
I agree, Trump is hardly Republican, but why would you abandon the party because you don't like the president?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I get that it confirmedd these behaviors in clear terms, but again...is anyone really surprised, even a little bit, to learn that?

Not surprised. But there's a difference. All the information before, while often credible, was filtered through media outlets, or leaked from unnamed sources. This is direct testimony to Federal investigators, documented in an official U.S. government publication. So the problem I have is we've been so conditioned to lower our standards for Trump that - we're all so unsurprised as you are - that the report is considered "normal" or insignificant. When perhaps it shouldn't be.
Quote Reply
Re: Damn. We Just Lost McKean. [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
orphious wrote:
I dont point and laugh but I find it kind of sad that he cant hold conservative values while detesting Trump.. I see it as nothing more than a publicity stunt.
I agree, Trump is hardly Republican, but why would you abandon the party because you don't like the president?

Is a political party any more than a bunch of people scheming to win control of the government? If their current version of what that control looks like doesn’t align to yours why would you stay?

I say this as someone who always votes mixed party and does not get the political party as a feature of identity. I vote based on what person/ policy view I think is best. Because pretty much at this point both parties suck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
You're cherry picking the most extreme proposals of the left and generalizing them to the party writ large.

Where does Sen. Klobuchar stand on free tuition? Where does half of the party stand on the Green New Deal? Where do other blue dog Democrats stand on these issues?

The party needs more, not fewer, centrists voices. More on both sides would be nice, actually.

Holy Crap! I could have written the tweet for the Justice Democrats.

https://www.huffpost.com/...af25e4b01b6b3efd8a36

"Joe Biden stands in near complete opposition to where the center of energy is in the Democratic Party today. Democrats are increasingly uniting around progressive populist policies like Medicare for All, a Green New Deal, free college, rejecting corporate money..."

Should I expect McKean's immediate condemnation of the Justice Democrats, given his awesome backbone and all? Or is he really like every other politician who takes politically expedient positions?
Quote Reply

Prev Next