Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are the N.Y. Giants now the Browns?
Quote | Reply
I don't even care about the Giants but I love listening to Gettleman. Comic genius;

That’s no reason they can’t win, at least according to General Manager Dave Gettleman.
“Really and truly, you can win while you’re building,” Gettleman said, via Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com.
The first-round pick, third-round pick and safety Jabrill Peppers will only replace Odell Beckham Jr. eventually, if at all. But they replaced Beckham in the starting lineup with 30-year-old Golden Tate, which isn’t exactly the kind of move you make if you’re expecting to be bad (cough, Miami, cough).
Gettleman clearly has faith in Eli Manning and Saquon Barkley keeping them competitive, but he thought that last year as well. And as long as they’re keeping the old quarterback, he thinks they have a chance.

“We’re building. The object of this is to win as many games as possible every year,” Gettleman said. “So we’re building. We were 3-13 when I took over. We were 5-11 last year — 12 of those games were a touchdown or less. We’re building. I don’t understand why that is a question.”
When pressed on details of his plan, Gettleman said simply that he had one.
“Trust me, we have a plan,” he said. “And over time, you have to be patient. Everybody wants answers now. We live in an instant gratification society, instant gratification world, and everybody wants answers now.
“Over time, you’ll see it. You have to trust it.”

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Are the N.Y. Giants now the Browns? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#trusttheprocess

Except, The Process isn't to tank with old guys who suck and will only lessen their value, but to tank with younger talent, so you can get more for them, even while the team loses

YMMV

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are consulting with Hue Jackson. They just need to review some film
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear Dave - what if I told you that there's a 26 yr old Heisman winning QB out there available for pennies on the dollar? Would you like to jump on that and dump that sad sack Manning?

You're welcome.
Quote Reply