Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone else prep for End Game? [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
I think there is a really boring movie to be made discussing how thoroughly Thanos is incorrect. That's why he is the mad Titan. It's still better than having a crush on Death.

Amen! Although loving Death sure fits the "Mad" Titan profile.
Last edited by: bluemonkeytri: Apr 24, 19 5:03
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else prep for End Game? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished second viewing of Ant Man and The Wasp.

Tickets for bought for 3 pm Monday.

Only have Infinity War left to watch.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reviews are universally overwhelmingly positive. Can't wait for next Friday for me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally watched Captain Marvel yesterday (enjoyed it, better than expected, though not sure where they go with the character from here given how overpowered she was at the end). All set for End Game this weekend!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else prep for End Game? [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
I think there is a really boring movie to be made discussing how thoroughly Thanos is incorrect. That's why he is the mad Titan. It's still better than having a crush on Death.

For me, “mad” in “the mad Titan” is the key to Thanos. His character is highly intelligent; he must therefore see the “double the resources” option. But the point about him is that he is completely insane, in an ice cold psychopathic way. He chooses the killing option not because it has any inherently superior logic, but because he is a stone cold killer. The resources argument is all his intellectual window dressing to justify this conduct. It’s what makes him such a great villain: the duality.

Just got back from Endgame, having “prepped” (revised, as I prefer to call it) over the last three weeks watching them all except Ironman 3. I’ve watched and read plenty of stories over the years which have been great in the telling but then failed to deliver a conclusion that lived up to the quality of the story telling. Endgame does though. It’s a great piece of cinema and a great piece of story telling. And to have told a story over 10 years and 22 films is frankly extraordinary. I doubt I will see the like of it again in my lifetime.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else prep for End Game? [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
Reviews are universally overwhelmingly positive. Can't wait for next Friday for me!

You'll like it. It was good and engaging. Normally I'm done with movies by the time the 2hr mark hits. I got a little antsy at the end, but it didn't feel like the story was dragging on at any point.
Quote Reply

Prev Next