Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile Designs UCM (Universal Computer Mount) XL - Anything similar, but "better"?
Quote | Reply
I've been using a UCM XL between my extensions on my gravel bike to hold my Garmin Edge 520 and the mount for my headlight. It works OK, but does have a tendency to rotate down on rougher roads. Is there anything of similar design (i.e. a "stub" that can be mounted to an aerobar extension) that's more rigid? If not, any simple ideas to solve this annoyance? A bit of graphite assembly paste between the UCM "strap" and extension, maybe?

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs UCM (Universal Computer Mount) XL - Anything similar, but "better"? [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Profile Design makes a new "aerobridge" version of the mount you have that attaches to both extensions to solve the sagging problem. Adjustible width should work for most setups, unless your aerobar spacing is particularly narrow/wide at the point you want to position your computer.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs UCM (Universal Computer Mount) XL - Anything similar, but "better"? [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that. But only the central section is perpendicular to the extension. I need more perpendicular real estate than that to mount my computer and my light mount.

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply