Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why is Barr having a press conference BEFORE releasing the redacted Mueller report? [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
//Fair enough, and that is why this investigation is far from over.

My questions are:

1. Why did the Trump campaign (Manafort, Gates, etc) share polling data with Russian entities (Kilimnik)?
2. Why did they specifically discuss 'battleground' states?
3. How much could Facebook, Botnet and hacking activities, along with dissemination of hacked data, possibly affect the election?

While considering this, it should also be considered just how narrow the margin was in several key states targeted by Russians.

I'm jumping around the document, so I still haven't gotten to information on #3 yet. Fascinating stuff, though... and disturbing.//

The Russian efforts are very troubling and the details are incredible. Unfortunately, our political climate is such that the 'Trump' topic will get all of the effort and attention, leaving the 'Russian' topic out of the spotlight. Perhaps when we elect a new POTUS we can get the powers that be focused on Russian interference and deal with it. Until then, Trump is the bullseye.

Well first step to address the Russian efforts would be a president that doesn't in public announce that he believes Putin and not our intelligence agencies. Kinda hard to make much public when the person that leads those agencies undercuts them in order to assist Putin.

The political climate is hardly the biggest problem here.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Barr having a press conference BEFORE releasing the redacted Mueller report? [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find it fascinating that all the lefties are ready for impeachment and all the ball washers are satisfied. Amazingly the Mueller report has and will settle nothing. Both sides believe their facts and both think the other side is blind or lying.

I sit here and watch Patent, Chap, Kay, Extreme all spew their "facts/beliefs" like they might actually convince someone.

Hate to tell you, but those that agree already, agree and those that don't, don't.

Interesting scenarios:
1. Trump wins again in 2020
2. Trump is impeached in 2019. No Pub Challengers or too late to really get a credible challenger by 2020. (like Roy Moore)
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Barr having a press conference BEFORE releasing the redacted Mueller report? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Break it down for the slower in America.....he cheats at golf.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Barr having a press conference BEFORE releasing the redacted Mueller report? [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Barr didn't just give his answer. He said he asked Mueller and Mueller said the decision to prosecute or not had nothing to do with whether a sitting President can be indicted. He put words directly in Mueller's mouth.

I am asking for clarification on this because it would matter to me.

Source Barr saying this. I believe you are wrong and simply bamboozled by Barr's lawyer speak. But I am willing to be corrected.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Barr having a press conference BEFORE releasing the redacted Mueller report? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
DJRed wrote:
Barr didn't just give his answer. He said he asked Mueller and Mueller said the decision to prosecute or not had nothing to do with whether a sitting President can be indicted. He put words directly in Mueller's mouth.

Source Barr saying this. I believe you are wrong and simply bamboozled by Barr's lawyer speak. But I am willing to be corrected.

When Barr was testifying under oath he clearly dodged the question when asked if Mueller meant for the obstruction question to be addressed by congress by saying, "Mueller did not personally tell me that." Which is true, but he did not need to personally tell him that. So that is what he said under oath last week.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Barr having a press conference BEFORE releasing the redacted Mueller report? [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Sure you can interpret what Comey said to be incorrect. He said given the same facts, no prosecutor would take the case. You are also the one who cant let Hillary go.

Here Mueller said it was up to congress to prosecute. And there was lots of evidence.
-
You know Comey was asked to change the words (which he did) characterizing the Hillary investigation, we also now know that he was pressed, and removed the words "grossly negligent" from the report because that could lead to legal problems for Hillary. We also now know, due to recently released Lisa Page testimony, that there was a schism between DOJ and FBI, with FBI wanting to charge Hillary. Looks like Comey was a pussy, yet still willing to be the public face of that debacle.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Barr having a press conference BEFORE releasing the redacted Mueller report? [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah yes. The “facts” of cutting and pasting straight from the report. That shows mueller thought congress can impeach based on current situation.

And also listing a series of times trump tried to obstruct justice while also saying that the investigation was hampered because of the obstruction and lies.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Barr having a press conference BEFORE releasing the redacted Mueller report? [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
And also listing a series of times trump tried to obstruct justice while also saying that the investigation was hampered because of the obstruction and lies.

Um, didn't they identify and investigate 10 incidents that may have been obstruction, and found that they weren't (or at least insufficient evidence to conclude that they were).
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Barr having a press conference BEFORE releasing the redacted Mueller report? [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

Um, didn't they identify and investigate 10 incidents that may have been obstruction, and found that they weren't (or at least insufficient evidence to conclude that they were).

No, they made no conclusion if they were obstruction or not, because they felt they can't make that conclusion and it should be up to congress.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Barr having a press conference BEFORE releasing the redacted Mueller report? [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They specifically stated that it was not up to them to make a conclusion.

They also said trumps team did not obstruct because they did not carry out his orders. If a superior gives an order to obstruct justice, that is obstructing justice whether it is carried out of not. There were 9 other sections written like this.

Then they said it’s up to congress. It is very showing that barr decided to lie and step in here.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Barr having a press conference BEFORE releasing the redacted Mueller report? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
DJRed wrote:

Skip to 15:50. First question and answer.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/..._mueller_report.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is really strange how a report saying that the campagin, at best, actively embraced Russia's attack on out election, were open to working with Russia on it, and worked with wikileaks (and at worst their active cooperation was hidden by their deletion of records that may explain elements Mueller can't explain) is exoneration. This report documents that they knew Russia was specifically trying to help trump and the campaign decided to help Russia by claiming Russia was not involved.

Can someone explain that to me?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
They specifically stated that it was not up to them to make a conclusion.

They also said trumps team did not obstruct because they did not carry out his orders. If a superior gives an order to obstruct justice, that is obstructing justice whether it is carried out of not. There were 9 other sections written like this.

Then they said it’s up to congress. It is very showing that barr decided to lie and step in here.
-
I think somewhere in there Barr pointed out that the report is his, it's his place to take it and make the decisions, heck, he didn't even legally have to release it. I am wondering why it is going to be up to a month or more (May 23) to get Mueller to sit in front of congress, and I'd also like to see Rosenstein testify. I think I heard that Barr is already scheduled to testify a couple of times.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Barr having a press conference BEFORE releasing the redacted Mueller report? [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure barr can make a determination. But it is meaningless. I can make a determination and so can you. As the doj has said you can’t indict a sitting president so even if he did find obstruction it wouldn’t have matter. As stated numerious times and by mueller, that’s why he didn’t make the determination.

As mueller stated congress can make the determination to impeach. Which is the key.

Legally he had to release it to congress. Also based on his confirmation. He has to release it.
Last edited by: patentattorney: Apr 18, 19 14:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Sure barr can make a determination. But it is meaningless. I can make a determination and so can you. As the doj has said you can’t indict a sitting president so even if he did find obstruction it wouldn’t have matter. As stated numerious times and by mueller, that’s why he didn’t make the determination.

As mueller stated congress can make the determination to impeach. Which is the key.

Legally he had to release it to congress. Also based on his confirmation. He has to release it.
-
Not my read, here you go:
https://www.bloomberg.com/...-at-risk-of-backlash
-
https://www.washingtonpost.com/...ing-muellers-report/
-
https://www.cbsnews.com/...pens-now-2019-03-22/
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Barr having a press conference BEFORE releasing the redacted Mueller report? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
It is really strange how a report saying that the campagin, at best, actively embraced Russia's attack on out election, were open to working with Russia on it, and worked with wikileaks (and at worst their active cooperation was hidden by their deletion of records that may explain elements Mueller can't explain) is exoneration. This report documents that they knew Russia was specifically trying to help trump and the campaign decided to help Russia by claiming Russia was not involved.

Can someone explain that to me?

Barr explained it. Unless you actually partake in the hacking itself, even if you're involved in the dissemination of the stolen material, that doesn't rise to the level of a criminal offense. Seems like a high bar, but that is his position. Trump supporters then brush all that off as no big deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Barr having a press conference BEFORE releasing the redacted Mueller report? [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure he could have not released it. But he said during his confirmation he would. So if he didn’t he would have lied. He was able to be confirmed because he said he would release the redacted report.
Quote Reply

Prev Next