Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Arizona city overwhelmed by migrants declares state of emergency [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
OneGoodLeg wrote:
getcereal wrote:
Yeah, I am sure the thousands of extremely poor, low educated, non-English speaking central Americans will turn that place right around, just like they did their own countries.

Hmmmm, you mean like the large pool of poor, non-English-speaking immigrant labor that was indispensable in developing THIS country, especially out West? You sound awfully ignorant of history, just like your Dear Leader.

Hmmmm, well, I think it would be safe to say we are a developed country now.......so maybe our standards have changed? You think?

The only thing that has changed is the bigotry displayed openly because of our POS president and his followers. The need for the labor is still there. Look at anybody picking fruits/vegetables in this country. Landscapers, poultry and meat plant workers. There are thousands of jobs "White" Americans are not doing and are not going to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona city overwhelmed by migrants declares state of emergency [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
OneGoodLeg wrote:
getcereal wrote:
Yeah, I am sure the thousands of extremely poor, low educated, non-English speaking central Americans will turn that place right around, just like they did their own countries.

Hmmmm, you mean like the large pool of poor, non-English-speaking immigrant labor that was indispensable in developing THIS country, especially out West? You sound awfully ignorant of history, just like your Dear Leader.

Hmmmm, well, I think it would be safe to say we are a developed country now.......so maybe our standards have changed? You think?

The only thing that has changed is the bigotry displayed openly because of our POS president and his followers. The need for the labor is still there. Look at anybody picking fruits/vegetables in this country. Landscapers, poultry and meat plant workers. There are thousands of jobs "White" Americans are not doing and are not going to do.

I like your thinking. We have lots of jobs "White" Americans wont do so lets bring in desperate illegals and take advantage of them because, well, we can.
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona city overwhelmed by migrants declares state of emergency [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
getcereal wrote:

Yuma was once an agricultural community.
It was always mostly Mexican.
Most of the large farms where owned by whites.

The productive part of Yuma is still the same. Producing billions in lettuce and other cross border trade.

The new comers to the area are geriatric red-necks. And slovenly government ICE workers- looking for a place to park their dilapidated recreational machinery and be a burden to the health care system, the local economy and the environment.

Nice segue to - we have a major over burdening illegal immigration problem, too old whitey is worse.

What "illegal" immigrants?
The people in Yuma are legal immigrants. It's legal international law to enter a country and seek asylum.
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona city overwhelmed by migrants declares state of emergency [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Nice segue to - we have a major over burdening illegal immigration problem, too old whitey is worse.

I always thought Yuma as a great example of political hypocrisy in immigration.

Go by the agricultural fields and you can see buses full of workers bused to and from fields. Mostly illegal workers. Safe as long as they don't deviate from the path between the fields and their housing. Border Patrol goes right by those buses without batting an eye. It's been our version of wet-foot/dry-foot. As long as you're in the protection of corporate ag. your'e OK. If not you're fair game. It's my belief is the inability to openly acknoweldge this protected "serf class" is one of the things preventing any real reform.

I've never had a negative interaction with a migrant out there. They're super polite, though I think most of the ones I encounter are scared. They mostly ask for directions around checkpoints, which I don't help them with.

I have had negative interactions with whitey out there, though.
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona city overwhelmed by migrants declares state of emergency [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
xtremrun wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
OneGoodLeg wrote:
getcereal wrote:

I like your thinking. We have lots of jobs "White" Americans wont do so lets bring in desperate illegals and take advantage of them because, well, we can.

Nobody has to take advantage of them. My point is there are jobs available. Most are escaping from a horrible life. Treat them like human beings, give them the opportunity to work, become educated educate their children. They become Americans just like your ancestors did for you. Unless you are an American Indian then I apologize.
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona city overwhelmed by migrants declares state of emergency [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

Well they are great groundskeepers. That's the funny part, is that Trump loves cheap labor. He's just recognized that "illegals" are a great wedge issue to rile people up and stoke racial fear, so he's running with it.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 18, 19 7:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
scorpio516 wrote:
Tucson isn't on the border.

Nogales is, 45 miles south of Tucson

Explain your case to the news team on the video, where they are reporting in the Tucson sector 400 illegals running across the border to claim their well deserved asylum.

Those are sectors. Tucson and Yuma are the border patrol stations. Tuscon district includes Nogales to Bisbee. Yuma is the Colorado river (Yuma to some Reservatoin). That gap on the map is Indian Reservation land and not actively patrolled. It is also where most migrants die because there is no border patrol to help, harsher terrain, and many more miles of nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona city overwhelmed by migrants declares state of emergency [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
getcereal wrote:

Go by the agricultural fields and you can see buses full of workers bused to and from fields. Mostly illegal workers. Safe as long as they don't deviate from the path between the fields and their housing. Border Patrol goes right by those buses without batting an eye. It's been our version of wet-foot/dry-foot. As long as you're in the protection of corporate ag. your'e OK. If not you're fair game. It's my belief is the inability to openly acknoweldge this protected "serf class" is one of the things preventing any real reform.

I've never had a negative interaction with a migrant out there. They're super polite, though I think most of the ones I encounter are scared. They mostly ask for directions around checkpoints, which I don't help them with.

The whole immigration debate is a heaping pile of hypocrisy, with neither side wanting to address in the most humane and effective way. Go after the employers who are willingly breaking the law. Arrest the CEO or HR head of a giant landscaping company, meat packer, or hotel company and things will sort themselves out real quick. E-Verify is also in place and readily usable, and actually quite effective. While we're at it, streamline the process with some give and take. Remove familial tie preference and rank based on labor needs and ability to thrive without public assistance. Oh, and end this nonsense of allowing non-citizens to vote or the "brown menace". Crap like that is a distraction that alienates the other side.
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona city overwhelmed by migrants declares state of emergency [Ozymandias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ozymandias wrote:
trail wrote:
getcereal wrote:

The whole immigration debate is a heaping pile of hypocrisy, with neither side wanting to address in the most humane and effective way. Go after the employers who are willingly breaking the law. Arrest the CEO or HR head of a giant landscaping company, meat packer, or hotel company and things will sort themselves out real quick. E-Verify is also in place and readily usable, and actually quite effective. While we're at it, streamline the process with some give and take. Remove familial tie preference and rank based on labor needs and ability to thrive without public assistance. Oh, and end this nonsense of allowing non-citizens to vote or the "brown menace". Crap like that is a distraction that alienates the other side.

Next you'll want the rich to pay taxes.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona city overwhelmed by migrants declares state of emergency [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, don't go crazy on me now. That will never happen.
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona city overwhelmed by migrants declares state of emergency [Ozymandias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't know where to put this.

Any thoughts? I'm not blanket opposed to citizen groups taking the law into their own hands, but I do think it's risky territory. Where does citizens' empowerment start/stop, and what's acceptable? Many state constitutions have the right of revolution written into them, and it was a central concept of the Declaration of Independence.

I don't think this is the last we've seen of this type of action.
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona city overwhelmed by migrants declares state of emergency [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:

Any thoughts? I'm not blanket opposed to citizen groups taking the law into their own hands, but I do think it's risky territory. Where does citizens' empowerment start/stop, and what's acceptable? Many state constitutions have the right of revolution written into them, and it was a central concept of the Declaration of Independence.

My thought is that this shouldn’t happen but when those who are charged with upholding the law (the government) refuse to do so this will happen.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona city overwhelmed by migrants declares state of emergency [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:

As worded, it sounded like the militia group was assisting the migrants. They're referred to as "aslyum seekers." So tracking down the Border Patrol so they could formally present themselves for asylum is helpful!

Those militia put themselves at legal risk, though. It just takes one reporter or other person with means mixed in amongst the migrants being held at gunpoint to initiate a lawsuit that might not end well for the militia men.
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona city overwhelmed by migrants declares state of emergency [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've dealt with those groups over the years and used to support them. But really they are just a bunch of broken people with little going on in their real lives.

I agree with the concept, but legal scholars they are not, nor do they receive legal training. The potential of a bad thing happening is very high. There is also the part of them assuming they are wanted where they aren't. A while back, a call to action among various militia groups came out to assist securing the border. Problem was, a lot of that "unsecured" border isn't public land, but privately owned. So law enforcement sent out a warning, and those groups went crazy over how dare law enforcement prevent them from the constitutional right to secure the border. That land owners who would have these men kicked (armed men) kicked off their property are enablers or traitors.

In other words, they hide their bigotry and stupidity behind the constitution and are constitutionalist until they are not. Private property is perhaps one of the most pure conditions of the constitution. For you to trespass while armed on another persons property without their permission is certainly not a defense of the constitution. What are these people's plans when an armed rancher from texas or Arizona tells them they have 5 minutes to get off their property or get shot? What about if the property owners fears violence and opens fire on these intruders. Who will be in the right then? So while I agree the gov't has been derelict or incapable in many cases, and these militia types represent a theoretical solution, in reality they create unnecessary problems.
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona city overwhelmed by migrants declares state of emergency [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:

What "illegal" immigrants?
The people in Yuma are legal immigrants. It's legal international law to enter a country and seek asylum.

I'd like to see another country try to enforce that "international law". Good luck with an enforcement mechanism.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Yuma, Tucson, San Diego all along the border this is going on. Over 3000 cross a day. They ask for asylum and then are released into the US because the system is way over burden.

All done by design, with zero foresight but a bigger voting pool for the Democrat party.

I knew this was the democrats' fault! thanks for connecting the dots.

once the republicans finally get in power, they're going to turn things around!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply

Prev Next