Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Can you enjoy watching [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Can you enjoy watching a master at their craft pefrom, even if you know by your life rules he is a scumbag?

You can do like I do, 'wow, that was a really good shot, hope he gets back spasms.' I can see that he is really good at golf and still hope he fails in the most heartbreaking way possible.

I wanted Ray Lewis to fail. The Raiders traded for Vontaze Burfict, not I have to hope he has a season ending injury.

I can acknowledge someone is really good while also hoping they trip and break their leg.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you enjoy watching [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Depends. Hard to make a blanket rule.

I was thinking the same thing. It depends on what they did, and if I think they are remorseful.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you enjoy watching [HVP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HVP wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
I still don't want him to get to 18 majors because Jack has always been a class act and Tiger's been a jerk. However, his comeback is an incredible story and for him to come back and win after such a long absence is easily going to be the story of the year if not decade. I admire his ability and his perseverance but when the PGA starts in May, I'm still going to cheer for Rory or a Canadian player.

How do you know? People live under greatly enhanced scrutiny in the modern era. Maybe Jack was pounding hookers weekly and it never made the headlines. I'm not questioning you, necessarily, but I'm wondering how duped we all are when we formulate heroes. I re-watched the "Slaying the Badger" documentary the other day and I can't help but wonder why we all believe Greg Lemond was clean?
Do we all believe he was clean? The only person I've ever heard (who mattered) say he was clean was Greg LeMond himself. That and he's got the greatest cardiovascular system of all living beings that ever walked the Earth - or something to that effect. Still enjoyed watching him. And Lance.
Quote Reply

Prev Next