Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

4 more days.....
Quote | Reply
Until Game of Thrones returns. Will Dany and Jon keeping banging like Tennessee cousins? Will we get Cleaganebowl? Will Cersei develop an allergic reaction to grape products? Will Sam and Gilly start the Westoros version of the University of Phoenix? These questions and more beginning in 4 days time...

Seriously though, this show has never really given us a happy ending (and I'm not talking about the red headed whore!). Are we going to get one now? Will suddenly the White Walkers have some non-nefarious purpose?

What are your predictions?
Quote Reply
Re: 4 more days..... [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone said last year - who was it, a producer perhaps? - the one thing that is certain is that there is finality.

None of this series-ends-in-a-cliffhanger crap.

The 3 left standing will be Cersei, Tyreon and Jon Snow. Snow will be the one in the more powerful position but Tyreon will successfully argue for the alliance.

I find the white walker narrative a distraction at this point. I hope they are eliminated by the 3rd or 4th episode.
Quote Reply
Re: 4 more days..... [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
The 3 left standing will be Cersei, Tyreon and Jon Snow.

There is a good argument to be made that all of them will get screwed over, or dead. The real winner is going to be Littlefinger through Robbin Arryn being installed as king.
Quote Reply
Re: 4 more days..... [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let us not forget about Gendry, last the Baratheon bloodline.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually watched Season 1, Ep. 1 last night. I guess I have some catching up to do. Seeing that hottie Kit Harrington on The Tonight Show, SNL and Seth Meyers the last few days finally drove me to watch it.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: 4 more days..... [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Someone said last year - who was it, a producer perhaps? - the one thing that is certain is that there is finality.

The 3 left standing will be Cersei, Tyreon and Jon Snow. Snow will be the one in the more powerful position but Tyreon will successfully argue for the alliance.

I find the white walker narrative a distraction at this point. I hope they are eliminated by the 3rd or 4th episode.

Don't you have to give the people what they want? If so, Cersei must die, and she must die horribly just when she thought she had won.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I know is Oreo Game of Thrones is even bigger than the show itself.
Quote Reply
Re: 4 more days..... [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
ajthomas wrote:

Don't you have to give the people what they want? If so, Cersei must die, and she must die horribly just when she thought she had won.

I thought this was a great read. https://www.theringer.com/...-jon-sam-arya-cersei

Since the show has passed the books, we seem to be getting more typical tropes, good guy wins stuff. Maybe that's what Martin planned too, after spending 5 books putting people off-balance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was rewatching the GoT marathon on HBO lst night. The night king dude showed up the end of season 2 close to the wall. He took a long ass time to actually do anything. I know his horse is dead'ish, but it should not have taken that long to ride to the wall.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: 4 more days..... [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll see your horrible death and raise you with the irony that she must be killed by Jamie (who then runs off with Brienne).

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: 4 more days..... [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiDriver wrote:
I'll see your horrible death and raise you with the irony that she must be killed by Jamie (who then runs off with Brienne).

Or in turn, Jamie is killed by Tyrion, taking us back down the 'good guy wins' theory. But Jamie/Brienne warrior babies would be good stuff.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
Since the show has passed the books, we seem to be getting more typical tropes, good guy wins stuff. Maybe that's what Martin planned too, after spending 5 books putting people off-balance.[/quote]
I've read some of G.R.R. Martin's non-SoI&F ("Song of Ice and Fire") stuff. The strange thing is that while he's a good writer, he's never been an amazing writer. Yet the first two books of "Song of Ice and Fire" were incredibly well written - there is a theory that they were co-written (or even ghostwritten) by Robert Jordan. Robert Jordan (of Wheel of Time fame) was a stronger writer, particularly in terms of character development and complex interwoven plot. That would explain the sharp drop off in quality of writing between the second and latter books. Also the dramatically slower pace of production now that Martin has to do it alone.

Martin often has standard plot resolution - i.e. the bad guy gets what's coming to them, the plot wraps up nicely like fate intended it to.
Therefore - I expect SoI&F to end with the Rota Fortunae to come full circle. Targarians on the Fe Throne (Jon & Daenerys - bro & sis married as good Targarians are wont to be). The surviving Dragon confined to the fort. The House Baratheon re-kindled with Gendry, The House Stark has the Queen of the North with Stansa, The Lannisters are back in Castelry Rock lead by little Lord Tyrion. Winter ends and the White Walker threat is pushed back again. To Trump's delight, the kingdom increases border wall funding and the Black Watch is strong again.
The Wheel of Time starts its next revolution.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: 4 more days..... [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But he's dead? does he still count as a winner?
Quote Reply
Re: 4 more days..... [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hadn't heard the Robert Jordan rumor. I read the Wheel of Time, and have not yet read ASOI&F. Does Martin obsess about the color and fabric of Cersei's dress? If not, the RJ didn't write it!

GRRM sure seems to be emulating RJ though...
Quote Reply
Re: 4 more days..... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
I was rewatching the GoT marathon on HBO lst night. The night king dude showed up the end of season 2 close to the wall. He took a long ass time to actually do anything. I know his horse is dead'ish, but it should not have taken that long to ride to the wall.

If you are immortal, why would you be in a hurry? What difference does a few years make? Why not get your army as big a possible before your attack? Or maybe he was just waiting for someone to do something stupid that lets him cross the wall? I mean that is not a crazy plan if you are immortal, at some point something will happen with infinite time.

My prediction, all the dragons are dead by the end. I just don't see a world after being in any kind of good shape with dragons still existing.
Quote Reply
Re: 4 more days..... [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
TiDriver wrote:
...Jamie (who then runs off with Brienne).

...But Jamie/Brienne warrior babies would be good stuff.
Nah, mate. Brienne & Tormund surely

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
..until the Barcelona - Liverpool game.
Quote Reply