Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Which Floor pump should i buy? [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads up! I just did the same :)
Quote Reply
Re: Which Floor pump should i buy? [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received my Silca Super Pista Digital on Friday. So far, I’m happy with the purchase. The Hiro chuck is easy to use and a beautiful piece of art on its own. The pump has a magnetic holder for the chuck near the top, right next to the digital gauge. The base also has a magnetic holder, which is good for me because I already owned one of the Silca Presta chucks. The spare Presta chuck fits perfectly on this magnetic holder, so if I ever have a problem with the Hiro I have a secondary chuck ready to go.

It’s pretty tall and seems heavy duty. The stroke is longer than my other pumps. It took 25 pumps to get my 24c tires up to 100 psi. My Bontrager TurboCharger HP took 30 pumps for the same psi. I used one hand on both pumps. Above 85psi the Silca became a little more difficult to pump with one hand than the bontrager, but I was still able to do it.

I didn’t realize it in pictures, but it has an airfoil shape…not that a pump has any reason to be aero, but it at least helps the pump look unique. With the black body, black handle, and black base, having a unique shape is one of the few things that visually sets this pump apart from others. There isn’t a whole lot of bling, but that’s ok for me.

I purchased this pump for several reasons. One, I wanted a highly accurate digital gauge on my pump. Two, I wanted a pump that would last a long time. Three, I wanted a pump that was satisfying to use. I know that sounds weird, but I ride a lot of different surfaces on different bikes, and run different pressures frequently. I use a pump a few times per week, so I want it to feel good. I have a love for things that are over-engineered, rather than being built “good enough.” My bontrager and specialized pumps were good enough for a few years of use, but my hope is that this Silca is over-built and will last decades with minor maintenance (similar to my beloved e46 m3).

This pump meets all my expectations. The only strike I have is that it isn’t as beautiful as the Super Pista Ultimate. The hose is rubber, rather than braided steel. The black isn’t as attractive as the stainless Ultimate, or even the high level Lezyne pumps.
Quote Reply

Prev Next