Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Help converting a pdf into a word document [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If you are working with lawyers they probably know better than I, but I went down the same road of trying to amend CCRs and it never worked out.

Ours have a bunch of outdated language from a defunct private golf course that is now owned by someone else and is public. We asked an attorney about amending the CCRs to remove all that irrelevant stuff. They said that even though the CCRs have a provision for amending them, the courts in my state usually did not accept the amended CCRs when it came down to it. Ours require 70% vote to change them, however, the courts have been deciding in our state that the 30% that choose not to sign the amended CCRs don't have to abide by the new CCR. Because the original is recorded against the land, the court does not recognize the amended as the ruling document unless the land owner signs off on it.

We would essentially be operating under two CCRs, one for those who sign and one for those who refused to sign. The hassle wasn't worth it so we dropped the idea. Might be something to ask your lawyers about.
Quote Reply

Prev Next