Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How long should a tubeless tire stay inflated?
Quote | Reply
I have a Vittoria Speed tubeless on my rear disc wheel and last year I flatted riding home from my final race of the year. I haven’t touched it since, but I went to put air in the other day and it held air overnight really well, but by the 3rd day it was completely flat.

This is my first time dealing with tubeless. Should I be worried the wheel went completely flat in two days? If I do take it in, do I have to get a new tire? Also, should I go get it remounted? I was told that if you let the wheel sit for a long time the sealant will deep down and not be even anymore.
Last edited by: onceatriathlet3: Apr 9, 19 12:25
Quote Reply
Re: How long should a tubeless tire stay inflated? [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reglued? Are you saying tubeless or tubular?
Quote Reply
Re: How long should a tubeless tire stay inflated? [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry don’t mind that, meant the sealant.
Last edited by: onceatriathlet3: Apr 9, 19 12:25
Quote Reply
Re: How long should a tubeless tire stay inflated? [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should replace the sealant if it's that old
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If things are stable and properly sealed the tires should stay inflated for months.

That said for my tubeless race tires I'd say sealant should be refreshed every 2-3 months and once a year (minimally) tires pulled off and "stanimals" and other debris removed.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give it a shake. Do you hear any liquid sloshing around? That is my test. If I don't hear anything (or is sounds like the ammount is super low), I add more.

But, if it's been a year, as mentioned above, pop it off, clean it up, inspect the tape (replace if necessary), remount and resealant!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
onceatriathlet3 wrote:
Should I be worried the wheel went completely flat in two days? If I do take it in, do I have to get a new tire?
Yes and No.

All of my tubeless tires are holding air great and do not go flat in two days, not even two months. I initially lost about 10 psi per day for the first couple of days right after getting the tires mounted. This was expected as the sealant was still trying to find its way into all the nooks and crannies. Now I only lose around a psi or two per week. You do not need to get a new tire if your current tire is still in great shape with no big punctures.
Quote Reply