Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who can beat my shift count?
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure but I think I shift alot? Yesterday at oceanside I shifted front chainring 10 times and rear 584 times. That seems like alot. I am not saying I care, I'm going to keep shifting just curious if anyone can beat me.
Quote Reply
Re: Who can beat my shift count? [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For a lot or a little? At IMGC70.3 last year, I shifted the front 6 times and rear 291 times. At the Hincapie Gran Fondo last year, I shifted front 53 times and rear 881 times.
Quote Reply
Re: Who can beat my shift count? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question let's say both. So you are winning for the least amount. And I am winning for the most
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dumb question alert: How do you know this? Does electronic shifting tell you? I don't have it.
Quote Reply
Re: Who can beat my shift count? [Macaroni Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have di2, with the dfly that talks to my garmin 520, I think you need the dfly add on to get the information on to the head unit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Over a 100mi training ride I shifted about 1200 times, typically. This was a 1x setup, so only RD.
Quote Reply
Re: Who can beat my shift count? [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's shifting every 440 feet...seems about right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want to keep up your momentum/speed you will shift a lot on a rolling course. Sounds like you did a good job to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Who can beat my shift count? [Macaroni Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macaroni Kid wrote:
Dumb question alert: How do you know this? Does electronic shifting tell you? I don't have it.

How else do you fill the time on long rides?
Quote Reply