Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I swear to god. The mother of all parliaments has broken down
Quote | Reply
Literally broken down, they can't print any of the motions on perhaps the craziest day in parliamentary history. All to push a single bill through in a single day.

Printers have broken down

Bills have been printed with wrong members on.

It is ringing brothers

The funniest shit on TV today
Quote Reply
Re: I swear to god. The mother of all parliaments has broken down [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Literally broken down, they can't print any of the motions on perhaps the craziest day in parliamentary history. All to push a single bill through in a single day.

It is ringing brothers

I assume you mean Ringling Brothers as in the circus.

So have they passed something today?

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: I swear to god. The mother of all parliaments has broken down [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They can't. The printers broke down so no kne has copies of what they're meant to be discussing
Quote Reply
Re: I swear to god. The mother of all parliaments has broken down [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did they do in 1604 before printers?
Quote Reply
Re: I swear to god. The mother of all parliaments has broken down [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I refer that to the honourable member for the 18th century, though I imagine Canon were not the answer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
I refer that to the honourable member for the 18th century, though I imagine Canon were not the answer

I can't imagine this is changing the toner of parliament right now. This will just cause more of a jam. Won't be able to paper over this issue.
Quote Reply
Re: I swear to god. The mother of all parliaments has broken down [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

I can't imagine this is changing the toner of parliament right now. This will just cause more of a jam. Won't be able to paper over this issue.
OK, made me chuckle.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No mention of suspending parliament due to a sewage leak into the Commons?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

It is ringing brothers

Yeah, our Progenitors aren't covering themselves with glory lately. We would say that it's a Chinese fire drill and clusterfuck, both at the same time.

Personally, I think the entire Brexit effort has turned both sides into dumber-er versions of Harry and Lloyd from "Dumb and Dumber." The result is what you see being broadcast on your TV. Heh.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: I swear to god. The mother of all parliaments has broken down [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Germans definitely have a word for it. I have no idea what it is, but when you have a plan and intend to do something and then another event prevents it

Though I suspect the truth is May sent Boris up on the roof with an axe and said make an enormous hole

So motions can only be submitted when house was sitting. Motions for votes were expect today for Monday to be passed before she goes to EU on Wednesday. God works in mysterious ways because it simply can't happen now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sir Nigel Darroch, UK Ambassador to the US, said the general public in the UK have confidence in Parliament.

Sarcasm?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You egotistical English. The mother of all Parliament's is the Icelandic AlĂ¾ingi, formed almost 300 years before the English model Parliament of the 1200's.

And apparently the English one has a plumbing problem today.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
beginning to think they are doing this stuff just to give Jonathon Pie material to rant about.
Quote Reply
Re: I swear to god. The mother of all parliaments has broken down [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If we leave in eight days, won't be any polish builders round to fix the roof
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halloween will be scary
Quote Reply