Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What's more aero? "THIS" or "this" ... [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcohen24 wrote:
So, tested against BTA in the tunnel, and nothing on the track.
It basically just exends the headtube ... you can get it pressed right up against it, making a big airfoil.

Apologies, but my memory was slightly off.. .looks like it was worth about .005 at aw and .003 front on (CDA).... so roughly 3-5w, not 7. I think think the 7 was with a higher cda ( at the track, when I still had a 0.25x cda)

That's still pretty great. I've done a lot crazier things for 3-5w than simply switch a bottle.

Thanks for the info!

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: What's more aero? "THIS" or "this" ... [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:
Can you get away with 2 less bottles? There has to be some aero penalty (or just flat out less weight) if you weren’t carrying the entire race worth of hydration w you? Or can you get gains from better position ?

Tough break to miss as close as you did 3x

I hope next time you nail it!

What are your normal SBR splits?

That's actually only 2 water bottles. The downtube Torhans carries my spare kit. It's the Felt specific bottle that they claim is faster than having nothing there at all so I just use it for that gear.

The rear bottle has my nutrition that I try to get through in the first half of the bike. It doesn't look it but it feels like a pretty minimal setup. One bottle for an IM feels light..

And for my next race in hoping to put it all together for a sub-9 effort. It'll be close if I have one of those perfect days. My swim is in the 1:01-1:04 range, my weakest. Bike I've done 4:50, hoping to get 3ish minutes back. And I'm trying to turn a 2:39 open marathon into a sub-3 depending on what I decide to burn in the bike.

Quote Reply
Re: What's more aero? "THIS" or "this" ... [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Stages Sl-K BB30 left sided crank should be compatible. I think I'm going to make that change this season so that I can switch to the speedplay pedals. If I make the change in the next month I'll let you know if I had any issues. I love that crank too much to switch to something else :)
Quote Reply
Re: What's more aero? "THIS" or "this" ... [DGleeson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DGleeson wrote:
The Stages Sl-K BB30 left sided crank should be compatible. I think I'm going to make that change this season so that I can switch to the speedplay pedals. If I make the change in the next month I'll let you know if I had any issues. I love that crank too much to switch to something else :)

Well you are the perfect authority on this particular question, haha.

If this all does what I want it to hopefully you can have a bit of a bike reunion in Kona this year! Thanks for that tip. I think it may be my best option. I really love that crank too.

Quote Reply
Re: What's more aero? "THIS" or "this" ... [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be awesome! Will be rooting for you in Tremblant.
Quote Reply

Prev Next