Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Silca EOLO III inflator + Zipp Tangente valve extenders
Quote | Reply
I am using these guys - they came with my Zipp 404s... but having no luck getting the Silca EOLO to work with them. EOLO works with my HED valve extenders and my old Mavic ones... but something about the knurled end of these guys is preventing EOLO from releasing the CO2.... anyone else seen this?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Silca EOLO III inflator + Zipp Tangente valve extenders [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any resolution on this? Thinking about those Zipp valve extenders for my flat kit...
Quote Reply
Re: Silca EOLO III inflator + Zipp Tangente valve extenders [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had nothing but bad luck with those zipp extenders. I prefer the other style: https://www.amazon.com/...r-Pack/dp/B00BCUAWS2

Lots of companies make that style. I have some from silca, bontrager, vittoria, etc. They all seem to work better than the zipp ones. They leak less, they show more accurate pressure readings as you pump (a lot of times the zipp extenders show 0), and they work with virtually any CO2 inflator and pump.
Quote Reply
Re: Silca EOLO III inflator + Zipp Tangente valve extenders [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I've used the removable valve core ones in the past so will continue with that. Agree they are more reliable since you have direct access to the presta valve.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy the Silca valve extenders

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Silca EOLO III inflator + Zipp Tangente valve extenders [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Buy the Silca valve extenders

I'd buy whichever half of the equation is the more universal. Because you never know when you're going to need to borrow someone else's inflator or someone else's extender.

Inflation is the wrong place for vendor lock-in.
Quote Reply
Re: Silca EOLO III inflator + Zipp Tangente valve extenders [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The removable valve core style ones are by far more universal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Silca EOLO III inflator + Zipp Tangente valve extenders [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
The removable valve core style ones are by far more universal.

Exactly. The only time they won't work is if somebody gives you a tube without a removable valve core.
Quote Reply
Re: Silca EOLO III inflator + Zipp Tangente valve extenders [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up doing that, although I had to buy 2 sets of different length to work with the different depth wheels. But very happy with the Silca product overall!

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply