Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I'm going to go for a paddle tomorrow
Quote | Reply
I'm gonna get my sea kayak wet tomorrow morning. It's been dry for far too long. Nothing too major: Maybe an hour's paddle. Just enough to get the blood flowing and get back into my environment.

And you? What have you got going on this weekend?

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: I'm going to go for a paddle tomorrow [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
I'm gonna get my sea kayak wet tomorrow morning. It's been dry for far too long. Nothing too major: Maybe an hour's paddle. Just enough to get the blood flowing and get back into my environment.

I recently got a paddle board (Bark prone board). I’ll be paddling as well, just with my arms.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Taking my older kids to ski school and schlepping them to/from birthday parties.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:

I am contemplating buying a kayak this weekend. I am looking for a 7-10 foot sit-on-top with good balance so I can photograph wild life. What do you recommend?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mountain biking and leaf raking tomorrow.
Taking my hound kayaking Sunday morning.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm going to go for a paddle tomorrow [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't mind sit in, check out Sea Eagle.
You won't need a rack or have to worry about storage.
I love mine. My 55 pound dog is no problem either
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be heading out to Cars and Coffee with my camera to get a bunch of fun shots and hang out with my local Subie friends. The wifey even agreed to come! And it'll be fun hanging out in good weather finally.

After that I'll take some pictures of my car, and then edit for a few hours, and then go to work from 5-9:30.

Then bed.

Pretty solid looking day if you ask me.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2fheuYf][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2fheuYf]IMG_2114-8[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/156020215@N03/]Aaron Sidles[/url], on Flickr
Quote Reply
Re: I'm going to go for a paddle tomorrow [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Crank wrote:

I recently got a paddle board (Bark prone board). I’ll be paddling as well, just with my arms.

Thought you hated paddle boards more than anything. Or is it just paddle boards surfing waves?
Quote Reply
Re: I'm going to go for a paddle tomorrow [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Crank wrote:

Thought you hated paddle boards more than anything. Or is it just paddle boards surfing waves?

Mine is a prone paddle board. You use your hands.

SUPs are the problem (in the surf zone). Not so much these days. The SUP kooks switched to foils and if a foiler shows up to a surf spot where others are surfing nobody would bat an eye if someone beat the shit out of him. Foil board are dangerous...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be Watching basketball high on Percocet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sunday I'm taking a canoe and kayak down a river with my son. Might be last float of season. Drying up here in Alabama.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Son has a 2 hour taekwando class, and we got way more snow than predicted. Looks like I'll be doing some shoveling.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: I'm going to go for a paddle tomorrow [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Son has a 2 hour taekwando class, and we got way more snow than predicted. Looks like I'll be doing some shoveling.
Dang, snow? That sucks. I think the last of ours in the valleys where I live has melted off. The mountains still have some, but down here we’re seeing 50’s and 60’s and sunny.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm going to go for a paddle tomorrow [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Koala Bear wrote:
mck414 wrote:
Dang, snow? That sucks. I think the last of ours in the valleys where I live has melted off. The mountains still have some, but down here we’re seeing 50’s and 60’s and sunny.

Crazy assed Colorado weather. It was 70 here the last 3 days, now there's 3 inches of snow.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just finished the bread board ends for a custom oak dining table for a camper. Final dimensions and edge treatments tomorrow, then a consult with the client about finishes.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply