Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sums Brexit up [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
European elections latest polls: Brexit Party forecast to win the most votes.

LONDON (Reuters) - Nigel Farage’s new Brexit Party has kept a big lead over both the ruling Conservative Party and the opposition Labour Party in a poll on voting intentions for the European elections.
According to the latest Opinium poll for the Observer newspaper, Farage’s newly formed party is on 34% of the vote ahead of the May 23 election that Britain is participating in because it failed to leave the European Union as expected at the end of March. The party’s support was unchanged from a week ago.
https://uk.reuters.com/...n-poll-idUKKCN1SO0P5

As 'splained to Murican's...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My take? A nation that was basically the most powerful empire of its time, ruled from sunrise to sunset on multiple continents, and stood up to both the Kaiser and Hitler, is now not even capable of quitting a union of deranged bureaucrats in Europe. Pretty sad really.
Quote Reply
Re: Sums Brexit up [vecchia capra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not that straightforward, not that any of the Brexiteers are willing to acknowledge

We are the 5th biggest global economy

Much of that value is inextricably linked to the continent

Now, we could attempt to replicate a Swiss or Norwegian deal but that's not going to sit well with the EU as who wants an economy of that size sat on the periphery

The far far bigger issue though is ireland

If we leave, and we are not part of the single market and rules diverge you have to have a border

It's either on Ireland, and we know how well that worked out last time. Or it's between Ireland and the uk

Now name another country with a custom and immigration border in it that seperates two parts of the same country, where one part of the country is ruled by a third party with no influence over the regulation imposed on it

It's shambolic, but its also intractable
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still not sure how I can best vote tomorrow. I'm in Scotland, opposed to Brexit and also opposed to Scottish independence.

Tactically in should vote SNP for anti-Brexit reasons, but then that's seen as strengthening the SNP call for a second Indy ref.

I want to vote Labour, but Corbyn is pro-Brexit. Other than that I think he's pretty good, and not anti-Semetic.

Greens are not an option in my area and Lib Dem sold out with the previous coalition.

And spoiled ballot would come across as a vote for Brexit.

The whole thing makes me sad and sick with the time and resources spent on it that could have got much better things done and it's all based on a pack of lies and misinformation. Then that's politics.
Last edited by: Longdog: May 22, 19 12:34
Quote Reply
Re: Sums Brexit up [Longdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Longdog wrote:
Other than that I think he's pretty good, and not anti-Semetic.

What fucking planet do you live on? That comment applies to both of your statements. [The rest of this post is redacted due to the itiative]
Quote Reply
Re: Sums Brexit up [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The one where disagreeing with the actions of the Israeli government are not the same as thinking nasty things about a race of people?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Longdog wrote:
The one where disagreeing with the actions of the Israeli government are not the same as thinking nasty things about a race of people?

That's your evidence? Fucking imbecilic reasoning [redacted]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in other Brexit news, milkshakes have been weaponised against Farage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will come back to JC momentarily

I'd not vote for SNP in Scotland as that would be a vote for a 2nd, but equally I'd not vote for Labour as that's a vote, at a minimum for brexit

I'd probably vote green or lib dem in SE or London

I've no problem with the lib dem working with the conservatives, I'm far closer to that coalitions members position on almost anything than I am to JC's

As to Corbyn, he is an apologist for terrorists. He's also a vehement anti zionist, if not (and I think he is) an antisemite

That said, both parties are an abject disgrace, I can not for the life of me understand how Starmer and Watson or greaves align themselves with parties that contain Corbyn, mcdonnel and Bernard Jenkins and Bill cash

I find the right of the tory party to be as objectionable for exactly the same reasons I find the leader of the Labour Party objectionable, and that's before I've even considered his views on europe

We have got exactly what we deserved. Weirdly, the lib dems were punished, I think the one thing I can guarantee is they're never getting in to bed with any party in the same way

The SNP would hold labour to a second Scottish ref for a Confidence and supply deal

Labour are unelectable as a majority as are the tories

Were looking at moving to a much more continental system of coalition governments moving forwards I think
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Now name another country with a custom and immigration border in it that seperates two parts of the same country, where one part of the country is ruled by a third party with no influence over the regulation imposed on it
Isn’t that sort of how Hong Kong is setup since you gave it back to the Chinese?
Quote Reply
Re: Sums Brexit up [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tories polling at 7% for MEP elections.

That there is what political pundits call a message
Quote Reply
Re: Sums Brexit up [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's funny you should say that, one country two systems is probably as close as an example as I could think of when I saw a reference to it last night

1c2s though is different, in that it was set up to manage the transition following the handover of Hong kong

No one is talking about handing over northern ireland
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's going exceptionally well. Strong and stable
Quote Reply

Prev Next