Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lake San Antonio Triathlon, May 5th
Quote | Reply
If you're hesitant about signing up for the Lake San Antonio Triathlon, we guarantee that we will be racing on May 5th or full registration refunds will be issued! Prime camping spots are still available. You are welcome to drive in the morning of event if you choose not to camp. You can expect beautiful warm weather and swim in calm, smooth water!

Come join the fun!

Visit our website for more information.

http://www.lakesanantoniotriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lake San Antonio Triathlon, May 5th [jerrettmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was all ready to sign up until I realized that this was no where near San Antonio.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake San Antonio Triathlon, May 5th [jerrettmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good on you for giving us an early season alternative. Here are a few questions I didn't see on the website. I hope you don't mind me asking.

1. Estimated water temp?
2. Can you elaborate on the parent/child swim and run events?
3. Timeline for race day (i.e. check in, start times, etc).
4. Surface of the run course?
5. Traffic control on the bike, shoulder size, etc?

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Lake San Antonio Triathlon, May 5th [Zachreligious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny thing about naming lakes and creeks I guess...

I have a creek near my house in Santa Barbara, CA called San Antonio Creek.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake San Antonio Triathlon, May 5th [alaska848] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Alaska848,

Let's see if I can answer your questions:

1. Estimated water temp? 65-70 F

2. Can you elaborate on the parent/child swim and run events? Parent/Child swim is out between the two parallel docks shown on the swim course map (end of dock is about 20 yards), then swim another 30 yards straight out around a buoy and back. Lifeguards on SUPs in the water with you. You're never too far from land and water depth is no more than 5-10 feet.

3. Timeline for race day (i.e. check in, start times, etc).
Packet Pickup is 5/4 (12-6PM) and 5/5 (5-8AM) at Lynch Marina.
Course timing is: 7AM Long Course, 8AM OLY, DUA, AQUABIKE, 9AM SPRINT, 9:30 Parent/Child and 5 & 10K runs

4. Surface of the run course? 10% asphalt, 90% 4x4 road that runs along the lake (good for running)

5. Traffic control on the bike, shoulder size, etc? This is an OPEN course with no dedicated bike lanes. Bikes stay to the right of roadway at all times when there's vehicle traffic. There will be VERY MINIMUM traffic morning of the event.

Follow us on Facebook (@lakesanantoniotriathon) for upcoming course review videos that we'll be posting (swim, bike, run courses).

Please let us know if there's anything else we can provide.

Thank you for inquring!

LST
Quote Reply