Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tim Hardaway on why he's not in the Hall of Fame
Quote | Reply
http://www.espn.com/...-gay-rant-keeps-hall

Quote:
"But, hey, I understand the ramifications of [what I said]," he told the publication. "I understand why I'm not in. All I can do is keep living. My parents also always told me, 'You can't control what you can't control.'"

An individual's off the field acts/personality/comments should in no way dictate whether they get into a sport's HoF. IMO, Hardaway was on the south side of borderline HoF material AT BEST. It's not like he was a lock HoF'er and is being slighted for saying dumbshit.

He's entitled to whatever beliefs he has and can say whatever he wants. It's his last comment in what I quoted. "You can't control what you can't control." You can control your own mouth, dumbass.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. As the saying goes.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Hardaway on why he's not in the Hall of Fame [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bill Simmons has long talked about the Hall of Very Good vs The Hall of Fame - HOVG fits Hardaway in this case.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Tim Hardaway on why he's not in the Hall of Fame [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Bill Simmons has long talked about the Hall of Very Good vs The Hall of Fame - HOVG fits Hardaway in this case.

Agree with this. Basketball players, imo have the easiest path to their respective hall of fame. Lately, that has been followed closely behind by the football hall of fame.
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Hardaway on why he's not in the Hall of Fame [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:

from wiki:
"Achievements -
Hardaway was the 1989 WAC Player of the Year. He recorded 5,000 points and 2,500 assists, second fastest in NBA history after Oscar Robertson. Hardaway accomplished it in 262 games; Robertson took only 247.[5] He held the record for most assists in Miami Heat franchise history with 1,947,[5] until his total was surpassed by Dwyane Wade on January 16, 2010.
Hardaway shares the record for second most steals in an NBA Playoffs game, with 8 in Game 2 of the 1991 Western Conference Semifinals against the Los Angeles Lakers and in Game 4 of the 1992 Western Conference First Round against the Seattle SuperSonics. In 1991–92, Hardaway became the 7th player in NBA history to average 20 points (23.4 ppg) and 10 assists (10.0 apg) in a season, a feat he accomplished again in 1992–93 (21.5 ppg, 10.6 apg).[5]
Hardaway holds the NBA record for the worst single-game shooting performance in NBA history, going 0-for-17 in a 106–102 win against the Minnesota Timberwolves on December 27, 1991.[6] Hardaway holds the Miami Heat's all-time record in 3-point field goals made, with 806. His number 10 was retired by the Miami Heat on October 28, 2009. "

I agree, HOVG fits better here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bit of an aside but I find the whole HoF thing ridiculous.

Who gives a $hit?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It doesn't give him a pass. But he realized a long time ago that he was wrong and has tried to make it right. He isn't really complaining as much as recognizing.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply