Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone want some venison?
Quote | Reply
Just come over and harvest it from my yard. Only caveat no firearms allowed

I hate those plant eating tick carrying pests.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone want some venison? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get a bow or a suppressor!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone want some venison? [tritimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tritimmy wrote:
Get a bow or a suppressor!

Houses are too close for kinnect weapons.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
/I hate those plant eating tick carrying pests. /

They prefer to be called ā€˜progressive Vegansā€™...atleast here in CA.
Last edited by: JD21: Mar 26, 19 17:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a family of four of them that more or less lives in my backyard. Can't stand it.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Iā€™ll kill one with my bare hands!!!!!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone want some venison? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once you figure out the cast iron vs stainless issue, invite them for a BBQ... šŸ˜€
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone want some venison? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
windywave wrote:

You're welcome to come over and do so
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My mother in law is a pretty mellow person, but get her on the topic of deer in her garden and she's ready to call in the National Guard.

6 foot plastic fencing around the yard was completely ineffective, deer went right over it. 8 foot fencing the last couple seasons has mostly done the trick.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone want some venison? [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
/I hate those plant eating tick carrying pests. /

They prefer to be called ā€˜progressive Vegansā€™...atleast here in CA.

This was my 'wake up read' this morning. Holy smokes that's funny bro!!! Great start to my day. thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is hunting allowed?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone want some venison? [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
My mother in law is a pretty mellow person, but get her on the topic of deer in her garden and she's ready to call in the National Guard.

6 foot plastic fencing around the yard was completely ineffective, deer went right over it. 8 foot fencing the last couple seasons has mostly done the trick.

Single wire electric fence is more effective than a 4 or 6 foot fence. I have a lot more trouble with them tearing shit up when they are rubbing antlers on everything they can find in the fall than eating my garden. And I had a lot more trouble with the groundhog digging things up last year. Couldn't use a conibear trap because of my dogs and neighborhood cats. Dumping bleach and/or ammonia down the hole got his attention though.

But it is pretty cool to look down into the little valley and see it full of turkeys and deer.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone want some venison? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear you, but electric fence is a no go for MIL. Lots of grandchildren running/toddling/crawling around, plus the next door neighbor has a couple horses that wander onto the property from time to time, including in the middle of the night a couple times when the paddock was accidentally left open - there would be holy hell to pay if any of the aforementioned managed to touch an electric fence.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone want some venison? [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
Is hunting allowed?

Not with guns .... in the suburbs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
I hear you, but electric fence is a no go for MIL. Lots of grandchildren running/toddling/crawling around, plus the next door neighbor has a couple horses that wander onto the property from time to time, including in the middle of the night a couple times when the paddock was accidentally left open - there would be holy hell to pay if any of the aforementioned managed to touch an electric fence.

Eh, the fence isn't that strong. :)

Except that day I was outside in bare feet with wet grass. Damn, that kind of hurt.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Modern archery equipment is pretty easy to learn. Figure out your seasons, tag limits, and go to work. Even easier is a crossbow, if allowed during archery seasons where you are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:

This is the problem with city people.

Country people teach their kids not to touch a hot wire. They still touch it anyway, but that's when the lesson really sinks in. Knowing vs. Understanding.

And if someone's horses get out and touch a wire on your property, that's their problem. Keep their damn horses on their property.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone want some venison? [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
wimsey wrote:

This is the problem with city people.

Country people teach their kids not to touch a hot wire. They still touch it anyway, but that's when the lesson really sinks in. Knowing vs. Understanding.

And if someone's horses get out and touch a wire on your property, that's their problem. Keep their damn horses on their property.

Lol. Ok. Well, MIL and most of the assorted grandkids arenā€™t ā€œcityā€ people - they live on an 89 sq mile island that only has 15k total residents. But, city or not, some folks decide that their 2 year old grandkids donā€™t need to ā€œunderstandā€ something via electric shock, and that some lost garden plants is a better result than a Hatfield vs McCoy situation with the neighbors.

But, to each his own. Rock on with you country lessons and surliness.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very bourgeois
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone want some venison? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Very bourgeois

The suburbs or not shooting guns where you can hit someone?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
windywave wrote:

So you really are the Forge.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Anyone want some venison? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bastards strolled by again tonight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Venison is white people food.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Venison is cracker food.

FIFY.
Quote Reply