Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Computer mount
Quote | Reply
I switched from a xlab torpedo to xlab kompact 125 this past fall. Well recently during training rides and my first race Saturday, I had bottle launch. I am thinking about changing out the cage on the kompact for gorilla which should fix bottle launch issues on front hydration setup on aero bars. The problem is the Kompact cage has garmin computer mount build in. If I switch to a gorilla cage , I will have to figure out a way to mount garmin on aero bars. Saw K-edge TT computer mount but can't seem to find any pics of garmin computer mounts and a seperate cage between aero bars, etc
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Computer mount [dl1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You sure the Kompact 125 garmin mount wont work with your gorilla bottle cage? The mount and the cage are separate pieces so you should be able to slide the cage off and replace it with the mount still there. Not sure if it works with the gorilla cage due to room, but the pieces are definitely separate.

Otherwise, getting a readable mount location in front of the bottle is challenging. If you have round bars, the k-edge TT mount works and you can silde it forward to a better position on your bars. But that depends greatly on what type of bars you have, the size, the bends, etc.

Blog | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for the reply, didn't realize they are are two seperate pieces on that kompact 125. As far as aero bars go , running 51 speed shop ultimate carbon extension aerobars
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It may not look so clean as the Computer Mount chassis was designed to fit the Vulcan cage and the Raptor Cage (on the Kompact 500 model), but it should still work.

When Cervelo launched the P5X they used the computer mount chassis with a Chimp cage. I can email you the pic if interested.

The bottle shouldn't be launching though out of Vulcan cage - which bottles are you using?

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Computer mount [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Candice-PM sent
Quote Reply