Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

QD electronic cleaner for C1, Di2 and mech - $5 Walmart
Quote | Reply
Since I have Di2 and like to keep things clean, there was a need for a Di2 cleaner. There are products for $15-20 that can be shipped to you. Instead, I went to the local Walmart and got an electronic cleaner for under $5 off the shelf.

It has worked fine on the Di2 for the last year. While it says to unplug, I have done it both ways with no problems. I was pleased with how much sand and film in removed from the derailleurs. Also hit the brake levers, after I saw a corroded Campy brake lever that had to be replaced for someone else. That was the impetus to get a cleaner. Those levers are not cheap and take time to get.

Very happy with how it also cleans mechanical brakes, etc. rakesB can be hard to clean in all the little places. Since mine are dual pivot (I've heard that they are a pain to put back together), I wanted an easy way to deep clean them.

My Powertap C1 would give me trouble off and on. Probably due to moisture, etc. As I hate to be without it while returning it for servicing, I sprayed the QD electronic cleaner on it. It was back to normal immediately.

In conclusion, this has been $5 well spent for me.

CRC 5103 Quick Dry Electronic Cleaner - 11 Wt Oz.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply