Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: For every person suffering from TDS [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Not saying that I agree with Brexit, because I don't in most ways, but wasn't the vote 51/49 %. In a true democracy that's a win for the let's leave side. Strange that in the USA Trump gets elected with a reversed 49/51.

Only strange if you don’t understand how our elections work. It worked exactly how it was supposed to, that’s not strange.

Well aware how your system works. Just saying its a bit of an unusual system when a minority can win.

Actually, you don't know how the system works...Trump got a majority of electoral votes - 304 is greater than 227.

Were were talking about individual votes, in which Trump received less than Hilary, not electorate votes.
Quote Reply
Re: For every person suffering from TDS [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But its a ridiculous point because that's not how the system works, so bringing it up is silly. All any POTUS candidate is trying to do is get 279 electoral votes, that's it.
Quote Reply
Re: For every person suffering from TDS [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
But its a ridiculous point because that's not how the system works, so bringing it up is silly. All any POTUS candidate is trying to do is get 279 electoral votes, that's it.

Well aware of the electoral system in the USA. It was simply a comment that somebody can win the US presidency with a minority of votes. In many countries you need a majority of individual votes to win, which IMO would be a more representative form of democratic voting.
Quote Reply
Re: For every person suffering from TDS [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
We've had:

Brexit means brexit
Strong and stable
A red white and blue brexit

She is / was a nightmare

I agree a weakness is that she doesn't seem to have the interpersonal skills to press the flesh on an individual basis and use sheer force of personality to schmooze people into a common direction.

She's also not a master orator. But she's direct and clear, from what I've heard. It's easy to pick stumbles and flubs out of the speech of anyone who has to speak publicly a lot.

But since I don't tend to like the sorts of people who are good at that, I like May.

I think she's dreamy. Just a convenient foil to project all of the problem and issues of Brexit onto, as if the mess isn't a complete team effort across Britain.
Quote Reply

Prev Next