Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If Something Happened that I Couldn't Prevent and I Feel Badly that it Happened, is that "Remorse?"
Quote | Reply
I think "remorse" means regret for something I did. What's the name of the feeling when it's nothing I did nor could I have prevented it, but it affects me and my family and it sucks? "Remorse" just sticks in my head but I don't think it's the right word.

Thanks.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: If Something Happened that I Couldn't Prevent and I Feel Badly that it Happened, is that "Remorse?" [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regret? It's not remorse, that implies it was your [in]action. Rue?
Quote Reply
Re: If Something Happened that I Couldn't Prevent and I Feel Badly that it Happened, is that "Remorse?" [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorrow?
Quote Reply
Re: If Something Happened that I Couldn't Prevent and I Feel Badly that it Happened, is that "Remorse?" [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Sorrow?

x2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Empathy is what you feel towards the other people affected.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
condolence
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sympathy.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply