Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How do I stop Garmin Connect from asking for text msg permission every minute??
Quote | Reply
It's asking for permission to send and read my text messages in order to provide smart notifications. I turned all smart notifications off in the app but my phone still buzzes like every minute asking me to give it permission. How do I stop this?!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: How do I stop Garmin Connect from asking for text msg permission every minute?? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go to settings of the phone in general. Then go to notifications and permissions and just switch it off. Assuming this is Android, but you should give us more information.
Quote Reply
Re: How do I stop Garmin Connect from asking for text msg permission every minute?? [pointless_chip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks- yes it's Android. In settings there is a menu for "smart notifications" and I have gone in there and turned them all off but it is still asking permission in order to make smart notifications work. There is not just a "notifications" menu in there. There is a permissions menu and I have SMS turned off.

Still getting permission requests constantly.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: How do I stop Garmin Connect from asking for text msg permission every minute?? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was happening to me too. Try powering off your phone. It asked me when I turned it back on, but then it stopped after that.

Something went nuts during the last update - I wish they'd just fix it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
It's asking for permission to send and read my text messages in order to provide smart notifications. I turned all smart notifications off in the app but my phone still buzzes like every minute asking me to give it permission. How do I stop this?!

give in to the dark side....say "yes".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First outside ride of the season, first time using the 520 I used all summer last year with my S5. Same problem and I didn't have it when I put the 520 away last October. Either the update on the 520 or the updates to connect on the phone over the winter has screwed something up.

So, same hardware, new software, new problem. Not impressed.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply