Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What the hells wrong with me
Quote | Reply
Ok, lets narrow that focus way down, otherwise .. oh shit this is the lavender room... this thread is going to go in the wrong direction.. Anyhow...

Been a self diagnosed slightly dyslexic person all my life (P's, B's, Q's 6's 9's or circle and sticks as I call them when printing often cause a pause and thought before writing)

But now particularly on this forum, I am finding more and more I type words that sort of sound like the word I want (last 2 examples good for could and shelf for chef) .. WTF... why does this happen.. the inner workings of the brain is amazing... and yes I hear the words in my head that I want to type - probably explains the sounds like effect when typing.

Full disclosure I hate english (see my sign. line) as a kid I told my mom about an outdentition on the wall cause I couldn't think of the word bump. Seriously though if indention is a hole why the hell is outdention not a word meaning bump... God I hate the english language.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: What the hells wrong with me [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Technically speaking...

your brain is fucked up a little bit.
Quote Reply
Re: What the hells wrong with me [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Technically speaking...

LOL... well most people would say its more than a little bit....

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Technically speaking...

LOL... well most people would say its more than a little bit....

It's all relative, when you've worked with people who have had strokes or traumatic brain injuries that's a little bit, a real little bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Ok, lets narrow that focus way down, otherwise .. oh shit this is the lavender room... this thread is going to go in the wrong direction.. Anyhow...

Been a self diagnosed slightly dyslexic person all my life (P's, B's, Q's 6's 9's or circle and sticks as I call them when printing often cause a pause and thought before writing)

But now particularly on this forum, I am finding more and more I type words that sort of sound like the word I want (last 2 examples good for could and shelf for chef) .. WTF... why does this happen.. the inner workings of the brain is amazing... and yes I hear the words in my head that I want to type - probably explains the sounds like effect when typing.

Full disclosure I hate english (see my sign. line) as a kid I told my mom about an outdentition on the wall cause I couldn't think of the word bump. Seriously though if indention is a hole why the hell is outdention not a word meaning bump... God I hate the english language.

Are you willing to tip us for our opinion?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm constantly typing homonyms. as if their isn't a write way to right. i no better. who new? me! when i'm not typing for pei my ears get ahead of my brain and my mouth controls my fingers. don't worry about it. or if you're canadian, a boot it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
now I feel bad about pointing out your funny typo.
Last year I inadvertently mis-typed a single letter and that changed the context of my post making it sound racist.
We all have brain farts. If you have some mild dyslexia, you just have a greater rate of cerebral flatulence. Ain't no big thing.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My youngest daughter has a similar problem. It really messes with her school work, especially math. I am glad to see you have a sense of humor about it.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to make you feel a little better, it's "What the hell's wrong with me" a contraction of hell and is, not a plural hell. :)

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
... kid I told my mom about an outdentition on the wall ...

Coming up with words like that is harder than pulling teeth.

Quote Reply
Re: What the hells wrong with me [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i'm constantly typing homonyms. as if their isn't a write way to right. i no better. who new? me! when i'm not typing for pei my ears get ahead of my brain and my mouth controls my fingers. don't worry about it. or if you're canadian, a boot it.

Point of contention:

Canadians don't say a boot. We say a boat.

Get it right.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: What the hells wrong with me [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Point of contention:

Canadians don't say a boot. We say a boat.

Get it right.

isle tri to get it write next thyme.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: What the hells wrong with me [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
... kid I told my mom about an outdentition on the wall ...

Coming up with words like that is harder than pulling teeth.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's wrong with you? You're a Lions fan for starters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it was verbal I would think auditory processing disorder.
Quote Reply
Re: What the hells wrong with me [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy101 wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

Are you willing to tip us for our opinion?

I had the over under on a tip comment at 4... you got in just under.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: What the hells wrong with me [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:

Oh.. .didn't see that one coming (should have but didn't)

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: What the hells wrong with me [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:

Even worse, DavHamm could be a Lions starter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

What the hell is wrong with me?
I'm not who I want to be
I tired spot cream an' I tried it all
I'm crawling up the wall

What's my name, name, name

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've posted about my own memory issues around here before

To sum up:

I've suffered seven concussions in my lifetime [so far]; first at age 10, perhaps, most recent in 1990

A friend of mine suffered a mTBI [mild Traumatic Brain Injury] from a slip in the tub, and shared this TEDx

How a brain injury made me smarter: Ann Zuccardy at TEDxPhoenixville

Over the last year or so, with more than a couple stories coming around about CTE [which may be not only linked to acute head injuries, like a specific concussion, but also repetitive smaller traumas that may or may not result in a loss of consciousness, or even "seeing stars"] I am more cognizant of how long it takes me to remember things that I used to know at the drop of a hat [people said I would have KILLED at Jeopardy!, and I even had a try-out, but stage fright shut me down]

I was a writer for a while, and now I struggle with "what's that other word for ... oh, yeah ... 'encompass'"

I'm also more attuned [got it!] to my mood swings, which I've always had, but sometimes get WAY out of proportion for the situation

All that being said, the one thing i MOST regret forgetting [if I even knew it at all] was that girl's name

I would not be lying if I said that I still think about her every day ... OK, every other day... twice a week, minimum

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply