Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cabo- must do's?
Quote | Reply
Heading to Cabo for a 4 day weekend. 2 days will be mostly tied up with the sister-in-law wedding and festivities. We have Sunday-Tuesday morning as the only remaining couple extending the getaway.

Any must do activities, places to eat, etc. For what it's worth we are staying just east of the marina
Quote Reply
Re: Cabo- must do's? [Fasterthanslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll be there in May for a surf trip. Havene’t been since ‘96.

In for tips.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going in two weeks. Second time there. Also staying east of the marina in the riu palace.

The town itself is meh from a tourist perspective. Rent a car, there are plenty of cool areas to see and the driving is relatively easy/safe.

Just adults going or kids too?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Cabo- must do's? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just adults.
Quote Reply
Re: Cabo- must do's? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I’ll be there in May for a surf trip. Havene’t been since ‘96.

In for tips.

Don’t eat yellow snow.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go fishing

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Head north towards Todos Santos. Look for a road to the left and kilometer 91. A short drive to the beach which you might have entirely to yourself. Watch the surf it’s strong here. Spent a week camped on the beach on a motorcycle trip in the early 90’s. Hopefully it hasn’t been developed.

It sounds like they changed the mile markers at some point. Here is a link to the spot I’m talking about.

https://www.cabosanlucasbeaches.com/playa-la-curva/
Last edited by: Cmartin: Mar 17, 19 10:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like to drink beer in the rooftop pool at Tesoro.
Quote Reply
Re: Cabo- must do's? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Go fishing

This. Had one of the best fishing experiences of my life off shore of Cabo.

Outside of that I would encourage you to get out of town and explore a bit. It's been about a decade for me but it felt very much like a tourist town back then. I was good for one night at Cabo Wabo and Sammy Hagar music then we were out.

I assume that would be a relatively safe thing to do nowadays in the area?
Quote Reply
Re: Cabo- must do's? [Cmartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cmartin wrote:
Head north towards Todos Santos. Look for a road to the left and kilometer 91. A short drive to the beach which you might have entirely to yourself. Watch the surf it’s strong here. Spent a week camped on the beach on a motorcycle trip in the early 90’s. Hopefully it hasn’t been developed.

It sounds like they changed the mile markers at some point. Here is a link to the spot I’m talking about.

https://www.cabosanlucasbeaches.com/playa-la-curva/

We went up to todos Santos, la Paz, etc. Some cool spots on the east part of the peninsula where there is a national park. Lots of great snorkelling/beaches etc.

There was a cool little surf resort around 15min east of town. Great spot for food and drinks, they rent surfing equipment and it's very much a beginner/kids area to surf. Fun if you just want to get in the water and goof around on a board for day, and aren't actually a surfer.

I think whale sharks are still in the area, and I plan on doing one of those very touristy excursions to snorkel around them.

Quote Reply
Re: Cabo- must do's? [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:
len wrote:
Go fishing

This. Had one of the best fishing experiences of my life off shore of Cabo.

Outside of that I would encourage you to get out of town and explore a bit. It's been about a decade for me but it felt very much like a tourist town back then. I was good for one night at Cabo Wabo and Sammy Hagar music then we were out.

I assume that would be a relatively safe thing to do nowadays in the area?

Funny, I had one of the worst fishing experiences there. Out all day, didn't catch shit, it was rough and we were all hung over (wedding trip). The only cool part was when, out of nowhere, a humpback breached pretty aggressively around 20' from our boat. It startled the absolute crap out of all of us!

Later on that trip, wife and I were walking on the beach when we saw a boat racing for shore. We thought maybe they were having a medical emergency. They stopped right by the shore in front of a crowd of people, spun around, and 4 guys hoisted up what must have been a 9-10' Marlin. It looked like they hauled a dinosaur from the ocean. Now those guys had a good fishing experience!

Quote Reply