Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fastest gravel tire when its going to be muddyyyyy. [offpiste.reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting - the Thunder Burts were not on my radar before, I'll give them a look. I'm currently planning on running as Dirty Kanza tires a set of Donnelly MSOs in 650bx42 (tubeless) if it's dry-ish, with WTB Resolutes as the mud-ish option/spares, but am still open to other thoughts (I hear Maxxis Ramblers aren't so great in the mud, for example).
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest gravel tire when its going to be muddyyyyy. [merlinkim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe the Dirty Kanza was won on Thunder Burts for the first couple of years. As I said before, very fast on any dry offroad surface.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest gravel tire when its going to be muddyyyyy. [bluetreefour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluetreefour wrote:
Rob_Bell,
What tire will you be riding this year? I'm a back of the packer, just hoping to finish, but wanting to walk as little as possible.
Regards,
PF

I'll be on a prototype panaracer tire that is very similar to the 33c Gravel King Mud tire. The tread is slightly different, but it is closer to the Mud tire than it is to the SK. If I wasn't using this tire, i would run the 33c mud tire. If I couldn't get a hold of those, i would run the 32c Gravel King SK.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest gravel tire when its going to be muddyyyyy. [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Rob,
Thanks a million. Good luck on Sat. We will be pulling for you and I hope to thank you in person.
Best regards,
Fred M.
Last edited by: bluetreefour: Mar 13, 19 12:58
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest gravel tire when its going to be muddyyyyy. [Piche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Piche wrote:
I now realize that I did not know what mud is:)

not my video, but here's a sample of what Land Run roads look like after it rains: https://www.facebook.com/...s/10153469761199849/
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest gravel tire when its going to be muddyyyyy. [Piche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Piche wrote:
The race I'm most concerned about is Rasputitsa in Vermont. There are chances to make up significant chunks of time on some of the paved sections. Maybe I'm looking for something that does not exist. If the thaw really kicks in traction, when it gets steep and muddy, maybe the only important factor.

Side note: If you live in the Northeast and like gravel riding/racing this is a must.

I’ve raced Rasputitsa a couple of times and have been on the overall podium. I found file treads to work quite well In the years I’ve done the event. File treads tend to do quite well on hard packed snow too. It never gets super muddy in that race, so traction generally isn’t an issue. Plus the type of mud isn’t sticky at all.

38mm schwalbe g-ones were good and so were 36mm Bontrager CX0s. I’m not sure if I’m doing the event this year as I’m still recovering from surgery and not supposed to ride hard for another 4 weeks....so fitness is kind of lacking! Good luck!

Thank you. Good luck on your recovery!

Quote Reply

Prev Next