Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Israel is not a state for all its citizens - just in case you wondered
Quote | Reply
Wonder Woman opened a giant can of worms over the weekend by suggesting Israel was a nation for all its citizens, including the 20+ million Arabs that live there. I guess she knows better now;

“Dear Rotem Sela, I read what you wrote. First of all, an important correction: Israel is not a state for all its citizens. According to a basic law we passed, Israel is the nation-state of the Jewish people — and the Jewish people only,” Netanyahu wrote, referring to a Jewish state law passed in July 2018 that defines Israel as “the national home of the Jewish people" as well as declared Jerusalem its official capital, according to The Times of Israel."

https://www.foxnews.com/...to-the-jewish-people

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Israel is not a state for all its citizens - just in case you wondered [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone who criticizes this policy by Israel is an anti-semite.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Israel is not a state for all its citizens - just in case you wondered [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally not misogynistic, but Gal Gadot is in the top 5 of my "who'd I fuck if they'd be willing" list. Netanyahu, at best, breaks the top 100.
Quote Reply
Re: Israel is not a state for all its citizens - just in case you wondered [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Anyone who criticizes this policy by Israel is an anti-semite.

Well jewish self-hatred has been around for eternity. That would explain all the anti-semites.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Wonder Woman opened a giant can of worms over the weekend by suggesting Israel was a nation for all its citizens, including the 20+ million Arabs that live there.

you scared the hell out of me! check this number again.
very controversial law which should have passed. On the other hand, one has to live there to really understand. Unlike the US or Europe, Israel does not have any room for errors...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Wonder Woman opened a giant can of worms over the weekend by suggesting Israel was a nation for all its citizens, including the 20+ million Arabs that live there. I guess she knows better now;

“Dear Rotem Sela, I read what you wrote. First of all, an important correction: Israel is not a state for all its citizens. According to a basic law we passed, Israel is the nation-state of the Jewish people — and the Jewish people only,” Netanyahu wrote, referring to a Jewish state law passed in July 2018 that defines Israel as “the national home of the Jewish people" as well as declared Jerusalem its official capital, according to The Times of Israel."

https://www.foxnews.com/...to-the-jewish-people[/quote]

This a one of the big reasons Israel needs a two state solution. If they don't their only alternative to full participatory democracy is this. They are basically going to get overrun by their non-Jewish population.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the mid-90's Eduard Schevardnadze, president of Georgia said something along the lines of, Georgia is for Georgians, the rest are just visitors. He said this to dismiss ethnic atrocities committed mainly against Georgians of Armenian dissent that had lived in Georgia for generations.

And it echoes rhetoric from the darkest era of Jewish history, so you would think it should cause a lot of distress. But ...

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Israel is not a state for all its citizens - just in case you wondered [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
In the mid-90's Eduard Schevardnadze, president of Georgia said something along the lines of, Georgia is for Georgians, the rest are just visitors. He said this to dismiss ethnic atrocities committed mainly against Georgians of Armenian dissent that had lived in Georgia for generations.

And it echoes rhetoric from the darkest era of Jewish history, so you would think it should cause a lot of distress. But ...

You are an anti-semite.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Israel is not a state for all its citizens - just in case you wondered [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
Wonder Woman opened a giant can of worms over the weekend by suggesting Israel was a nation for all its citizens, including the 20+ million Arabs that live there.

you scared the hell out of me! check this number again.
very controversial law which should have passed. On the other hand, one has to live there to really understand. Unlike the US or Europe, Israel does not have any room for errors...

That pretty much doubled the population.

It appears that the total population of Israel is around 9 million, with 20% being Arab (Muslim, Christian, and other).

The demographics change when you take in the Palestinian or occupied territories.
Quote Reply
Re: Israel is not a state for all its citizens - just in case you wondered [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
j p o wrote:

You are an anti-semite.

I suppose in a way, as I am antagonistic towars all religions. So if you define Jewish by religion yes, as an ethnicity no.

I know it has gotten confusing lately, but every action or statement of a Jewish person is not inherently right simply because they are Jewish.

That seems to have become confused in regards to a lot of previously discriminated against groups recently.

Quote Reply
Re: Israel is not a state for all its citizens - just in case you wondered [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aren't the Palestinians also Semitic?
Quote Reply
Re: Israel is not a state for all its citizens - just in case you wondered [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The west bank, or occupied territories, population is about 3.3 millions (90% Muslims).
Quote Reply
Re: Israel is not a state for all its citizens - just in case you wondered [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:

That just reminded me of a client we had in the 90's. He was a Palestinian Jew. As you can imagine, his life was a bed of roses.

Quote Reply
Re: Israel is not a state for all its citizens - just in case you wondered [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yet the Israelis have the nerve to argue that any "one-state" solution must be done in a way to preserve the Jewish majority because only the Jewish can guarantee equal rights and democracy for all. Orwell would be proud.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where was he exactly from?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Gal Gadot is in the top 5 of my "who'd I fuck if they'd be willing" list. Netanyahu, at best, breaks the top 100.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:

That just reminded me of a client we had in the 90's. He was a Palestinian Jew. As you can imagine, his life was a bed of roses.

I once spoke with a family of Palestinian Christians. They had it pretty rough as well. Felt very bad for them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:

Yes.

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
However, Israel is America's most important ally in a violent and hostile region, surrounded by terrorists and home of the Jewish people who suffered greatly during the holocaust. So...they have a right to be racist, discriminate, occupy and do as they please. Right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:

Depends.

Ashkenazi, Sephardic and Kurdish Jews are genetically related to Kurds, Armenians, and Turks.

But Semitic people speak Semitic languages. Semitic languages include Hebrew, Aramaic, Maltese, Amharic (Ethiopian), and Arabic
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:

The term "anti-semite" was coined in 19th century Europe as a polite euphemism for Jew-hatred. Arabs are semites, but "anti-semitism" was not meant to and does not refer to Arabs, only Jews. I assume you knew this.
Quote Reply
Re: Israel is not a state for all its citizens - just in case you wondered [markea] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
markea wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:

The term "anti-semite" was coined in 19th century Europe as a polite euphemism for Jew-hatred. Arabs are semites, but "anti-semitism" was not meant to and does not refer to Arabs, only Jews. I assume you knew this.

Yes, I understand that the term is generally used to describe hatred, prejudice, bias, etc., against Jews. I just find it ironic when the term is used against people who advocate on behalf of or oppose policies that are detrimental to people who are likely more genetically Semitic than many if not most Jews. I also understand that genetics is not the test, and that hatred is hatred.
Quote Reply