Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Old Garage door opener
Quote | Reply
I have an old 1970's early 80. Garage door opener have been told never to replace it as it is awesome. Ok great but i need a new remote control system.

Anyone have recommendations for retrofitting modern opener onto an old door?

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Old Garage door opener [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's probably better and more elegant ways, but you could just bypass the openers internal switch and run it straight to a remote control power outlet ($20 at home depot).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What brand opener? What type of reciever / transmitter does it have? Is it a row of dip switches? If so you may be in luck.
Last edited by: Dirt fighter: Mar 7, 19 14:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

are you just looking for the remote? Have you tried Ebay?
Quote Reply
Re: Old Garage door opener [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reached out to the shop that put this in. They had done service for me a few years ago, so they linked the original account to mine so they had all the info Raynor lift mechanism Lanier remote.

Yes its 8 dip switches. They sell remotes $35, and tell me the homelink in my car should work with this system. Options for keypad were limited.

Not really sure what my plan / desire is. Mostly look for options. Just getting homelink in cars might be enough. tying it in to alexa or phone might be nice but not sure how needed. Wife actually likes the cool tech, even if its pointless soo..

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply